PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Memorial Weekend Race

FireballPhil
04-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Memorial Weekend May 27/28, 2006 Regional/National/IT Tour SCCA club racingMemphis BBQ Party Saturday :happy204:

go to MidSouth Region SCCA (http://www.midsouthscca.org) then go to "More Downloads"

Hope ya'll have fun :figo:

Phil Harris
RE MidSouth Region

Drew Aldred
04-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Fun, fun weekend. Mid-South puts on a great event. I come down from Milw. and usually bring one or two other racers with me. Also get my dad and at least one other FL driver to come up. BIG time spread of BBQ food with all the fixin's on Sat. nite. If you're looking to spend a holiday weekend at a well run event, with helpful staff, this is the place.

CDS
04-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll be there. I've been there the past couple of years as crew, now I get to race! :cavallo: The Sat. nite spread is great.

FireballPhil
04-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Drew & Chris,

Thanks very much for the glowing recommendations. We are planning on a party that Saturday night. I just don't know exactly what this year. In May of 2005, "Elvis" made a grand appearance! :035:

So let's have some good fun and some great racing.

Phil Harris
RE MidSouth Region

:eclipsee_steering: :figo:

fiat124girl
04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Drew & Chris,

Thanks very much for the glowing recommendations. We are planning on a party that Saturday night. I just don't know exactly what this year. In May of 2005, "Elvis" made a grand appearance! :035:

So let's have some good fun and some great racing.

Phil Harris
RE MidSouth Region

:eclipsee_steering: :figo:
[/b]

Yeah, but that was a really scary Elvis, find a not so scary one this year. I know, just get Patrick to dress up like Elvis :happy204:

Jude and I will be there with the ITA car as will Jim with the AS and IT7 car.

charrbq
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
If Patrick dresses like Elvis, I may stay at home and send my camera with someone else. I'm old, have a bad heart, and subject to dying at the slightest moment of bizarre behavior. Wait a minute, this is right up my alley! :happy204:

OTLimit
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Somehow I pictured Elvis to be taller then Patrick..... :D

Chris and Andrea will be there with both cars; I'm probably going to a dog show.

FireballPhil
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM
I just called Patrick and told him of the requests and he was laughing his butt off when we hung up. Somehow, I don't think it will happen. :birra:

FireballPhil
05-02-2006, 04:10 PM
bump ttt

:birra:

FireballPhil
05-08-2006, 11:30 AM
bump again

:birra: :birra:

FireballPhil
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
again bump again

:birra: :birra: :birra:

fiat124girl
05-12-2006, 02:56 PM
I just called Patrick and told him of the requests and he was laughing his butt off when we hung up. Somehow, I don't think it will happen. :birra:
[/b]

That's because he is scared!!! :birra:

ITANorm
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, since Elvis was there last year - and Bill Johnson won the "dance" contest - maybe we should have a different type of contest. Wet T-shirt, maybe?? We could allow the drag racers to participate, too!

:happy204:

FireballPhil
05-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Norm, we could possibly have that contest but you will have to deal with Sandy 'cuz I will be running the opposite way. :cavallo:

Phil

charrbq
05-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Norm, we could possibly have that contest but you will have to deal with Sandy 'cuz I will be running the opposite way. :cavallo:

Phil
[/b]
That&#39;s a fact! Two opinions exist there...they are using our track, and we are using theirs. I remember last year when they anointed us with the broken water pipe that baptised the entrance to the coffin turn. Good chance the party would be tense. <_<

FireballPhil
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
:happy204: :happy204: :happy204:

Sorry Norm, no wet T-shirt contest...

But ELVIS will be there!! :happy204: :birra: :cavallo:

charrbq
05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Elvis hasn&#39;t aged well at all! Those years of chocolate, peanut butter, and jelly have been rough!

ITANorm
05-24-2006, 11:46 PM
:happy204: :happy204: :happy204:

Sorry Norm, no wet T-shirt contest...

[/b]

Good. I doubt if anybody wanted to see me in a wet T-shirt anyway. :119:

charrbq
05-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Good job, guys. Y&#39;all always put on a super race with so few people. I&#39;ve never gone to Memphis that I didn&#39;t have time...well, once, but that was in the rain when I hit the drag strip (note to self...scream). You guys are always helpful, courteous, and enjoyable to be with. Plus...nowhere outside of the ARRC, is there ever such good food at the party! Even there, we don&#39;t have that much! Cheese, Louise, I&#39;m glad I didn&#39;t ask what my weight was in impound on Sunday! I know it had to go up at least ten pounds from Saturday! :happy204:

PeteK
05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Just got back late last night! What a great weekend, I love that track!

I had the best results of the season so far (2nd & 3rd), set my fastest lap time for that track and even passed a Corvette (shhh, don&#39;t tell anyone it was broken). :cavallo:

We got soooo lucky with the weather this time! Rained on the way down, rained on either side of us during Sunday&#39;s race and then rained on the way back... Had a few drops on the windshield durring the race, but not enough to make the exit of Grant&#39;s tomb scary.

Thanks for putting on a great race guys! :OLA:

I was VERY dissapointed to hear that it will be the last of the season down there! :(

FireballPhil
06-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Chris & Pete--

It&#39;s racers like you that makes hosting a race fun. We like to have fun as much as you with the least amount of hassle as possible. We need more racers to join us. We had a total of 105 entries for the weekend. How many regional vs. national drivers, I don&#39;t know. You would think I should know since I sleep with the registrar! :P Pete, I am sorry that this was our last race also. But right now I want to concentrate on upgrading our facilities, not the track&#39;s but our facilities. Better registration, T&S, hospitality, and Tech places. I don&#39;t know how far I can get but I am going to work hard for next year. I would like to put on double regional.

Guys, best of luck to you the rest of the year. Pete, I know I will see you at STL and Chris, hopefully I will make it to the ARRC this year, :023:

Phil