PDA

View Full Version : Video Cameras

Darryl Pritchett
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I am wanting to install a video camera in my car and have been told it will destroy your camera in a short time. Is there any suggestions on what mount to buy and does the vibrations destroy cameras quickly.

Matt Rowe
04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, IT cars shouldn't have enough vibration to desroy a camera, they are supposed to be dual purpose, right? :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, many people have run average video cameras for years without problems. Now, the vibration was enough to throw of the tape tracking when I had a video camera mounted which is why I went to a DVR based system. No moving parts and the prices have really come down, I think I spent less than $400 on my setup. Search this site for DVR Recorders and also take a look on the web at sights like www.chasecam.com (http://www.chasecam.com)

tom_sprecher
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
It might depend on where you race and how rough the track is. Down here we don't have a frost line and the asphalt stays in pretty good shape. Oh, yeah, stay off the curbing.

I used an I/O Port camera mount and there was not a whole lotta vibration going on.