PDA

View Full Version : POCONO !!

StephenB
04-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Hurry up and Preregister!! If we don't get enough people to run we don't get to play :(

So sign up and tell your friends!

Stephen

JOESELLSVW
04-19-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm hoping to go to use the race as a shakedown for the 12 Hr @ Summit. Quite frankly it doesn't surprise me though that the race is so poorly subscribed, typical Pocono event. If they'd scheduled the enduro Saturday afternoon instead they'd get a much better response as well as the fact that it's on Mother's Day. Hopefully I can get the car together for this event as tow of my codrivers for the 12 Hour will be racing an ITC Rabbit and we're hoping to get a good look at my car at this race. Joe

DaveITB1
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
I echo Stephen's plea !!

I am going to Pocono ONLY for the Enduro.
It would be a big disappointment to go all that way and told the race was a no go.

Come on folks. Your Mothers will understand. Enduros are the best bang for your buck. Look at all the seat time you and your co-drivers get for the $.

Click on that registration page now !!

Hope to see MORE of you on the grid.

Dave

emwavey
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm considering the enduro which is Sunday correct? However the mother's day thing really makes it difficult for me to go.

The car is in the shop having some fabrication done by CSE in PA, including a seat mount with a slider. However, at the moment, and since I'm not sure I'm even doing this, I do not have a co-driver. Is this a requirement, or can someone drive alone?

It's obviously premature to offer, but my car is an ITA CRX. I weigh 157 and am 5' 5" tall for comparison. After the seat mount is finished (which is a Momo Cup GT), I'm hoping to be able to accomodate drivers around 6'.

Even if I can not go, I'm interested in running future enduro events.

Chris Humphrey
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Where do I find the supps? NASA,SCCA,EMRA...?

JamesB
04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/06-RS-163-P.pdf

StephF
04-20-2006, 09:20 AM
I registered for it last night. Can I run with just one driver? It wouldn't let me register without a second one, but there wasn't one scrap of info on that in the supps. Their "how to register for an enduro' blurb just said if only one driver, submit that way.
I'm planning on going alone to this event, using the regional as a practice and then running the enduro. I am not sure I'll be able to get anyone to go with me as a codriver (Mother's day and all).
I haven't been out there since, oh 1992 or so, and I've never run it. Any major changes that I should be aware of?

gwalsh
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
26 registered so far. Only 19 to go.

Hahn63
04-20-2006, 11:54 AM
If anyone needs a co-driver contact me. My mom might let me go! :P Email me at [email protected]

Roland Hahn
ITA #16
2003 12 Hour at the Point ITA Class winner
2004 12 Hour at Nelson ITA Class winner

StephF
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
We're up to 36 with 8 days to go until they decide whether or not to pull the plug! (is it 40 or 45 that we need???)
Hopefully, we'll get another flurry of folks for this! :happy204:

gwalsh
05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
The supps say 45 cars or no go. Race officials have unofficially said they may hold the race with less. Let's hope.

Gerry Walsh
#48 ITC VW Rabbit

StephF
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I&#39;ll keep my fingers crossed that we can at least get 40, and that it would be enough. This working Saturdays crap is going to put a crimp in the number of events that I can do, so I was counting on a full day of racing. I don&#39;t think that I would drive all the way out there for a one day regional sprint race, especially when all I&#39;ll get to see at the start will be a windshield filled with rear bumpers... <_<

RSTPerformance
05-02-2006, 04:14 PM
What are they p[lanning to do with the open time if the enduro gets cancled?

What are the chances of decreasing the entry to encourage more participents?

Hope the race goes on, would love to see Stephen and Dad kick some but!!! :cavallo:

Speaking of that, just looked up the entries.. I wonder how accurate the 38 number is... I know Stephen and Dad are on the same team, thus that leaves 37. Tim and Butch are on the same team, thats 36... How many others are in the same situation? Maybe that number isn&#39;t so perfect :(

Raymond

StephF
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM

Hope the race goes on, would love to see Stephen and Dad kick some but!!! :cavallo:

Speaking of that, just looked up the entries.. I wonder how accurate the 38 number is... I know Stephen and Dad are on the same team, thus that leaves 37. Tim and Butch are on the same team, thats 36... How many others are in the same situation? Maybe that number isn&#39;t so perfect :(

Raymond
[/b]

SSSSsssshhhhhhh!
:018:
Don&#39;t type so loudly! They&#39;ll hear you!!

DaveITB1
05-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I registered online, but my co-driver Bob Smart (Smarty) called his in due to computer troubles, so there is one more driver for the total than is listed online.

Come on folks.
It&#39;s the best bang for the buck !!!!!!

Dave

gwalsh
05-03-2006, 12:58 PM
WOW! 17 Spec Miatas and 10 SSM Miatas.
I&#39;m detecting a trend.

tdw6974
05-05-2006, 06:05 AM

Raymond
[/b]
Just got Email from Team DI enduro is On. TW

StephF
05-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Just got Email from Team DI enduro is On. TW
[/b]

:023:

gwalsh
05-10-2006, 10:38 AM
A rainy forcast and 34 Miatas should make for an interesting race on Sunday.