PDA

View Full Version : Sand Blast Cabinet...Cheap

C. Ludwig
04-18-2006, 03:57 PM
So I decided I was going to buy a blast cabinet yesterday. I went to Harbor Freight and was going to purchase their $300 deal but it wasn't in stock and the guy said he didn't know when they'd get one in. I came home and was in the process of ordering one through Habor Freight's website when I saw something mentioned on their site about their Ebay auctions. I thought I'd try Ebay to see if there was a deal to be had. What I found was the exact same cabinet for $100 less. The seller is based out of Toldeo, OH. I did the buy-it-now yesterday at 10am and when I got home from work about 20 minutes ago the package was sitting on my back patio. DAMN! So if anyone is considering purchasing one of these check out Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4631172379&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT)

Ron Earp
04-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks man! I just bought that bad momma, been missing mine since I traded it for some stuff, and my old one cost more and had no stand. Glad you posted that! :D

Ron Earp
04-30-2006, 12:08 PM
I got mine the other day and assembled it Saturday and Sunday. Let me give you a tip of advice after spending about 4-5 hours messing with this thing - screw the bolts and get your self some 1/4" rivets and have done with it in a hour. It is a decent quality piece, but dealing with all the bolts, washers, etc. takes a lot of time.

I used a lot of silicone sealant on the seams so it won't leak, that might help out a bit. All in all, pretty good for the money. My glass was broken in shipping and I am still trying to get in touch with the seller to see about a replacement.

R

lateapex911
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, how'd it work for you guys? THis looks like just the ticket for my "upper shop". Should I pull the trigger?

Ron Earp
05-06-2006, 07:39 AM
It is made well , includes a light, good door, nice trap, good legs. No complaints except for my broken glass they have still not responded to and about 300 machine screws. Screw the screws, use rivits and an air rivter, you'll be done in 1/2 hour.

R

C. Ludwig
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I've used mine a bunch. The silicone on the seams is a good idea. That and do yourself a favor and throw there hose for the pressure line to the gun in the trash from the start and use some rated for a decent pressure. The one that came with my cabinet blew 4 times in about 2 hours of use before it was finally too short to use anymore and I upgraded. Other than that it's a decent piece.

Ron Earp
05-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Mine had no ground strap - do I need one? I remember one I used in graduate school in the Physics shop and it would shock the ever living s$#% out of you if you didn't hold the ground strap in your hand while blasting using glass beads. Any advice here?

R

seckerich
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Mine had no ground strap - do I need one? I remember one I used in graduate school in the Physics shop and it would shock the ever living s$#% out of you if you didn't hold the ground strap in your hand while blasting using glass beads. Any advice here?

R
[/b]
Ground strap is worth the effort with any media --lots of static build up. Go to the local glass shop and get them to cut you a piece of safety glass and it will last forever. I have sand in one and glass bead in the other and the sand would knock you down with static before I grounded it. I grounded the gun tip.