PDA

View Full Version : 3 HOUR @ NELSON MAY20/21?

Woody
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Curious if anyone is planning on attending this one? I was considering it but I am on the fence. I may just concentrate my efforts on the long one at Nelson.

Hahn63
04-18-2006, 11:25 AM
We'll be there in our ITA RX7. It makes for a good test session for the 12 hour.

Roland

ITA #16

DaveITB1
04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Team Jagermeister will be there.
Long ride (11hrs in the truck), but a fun track to run.
The people have also been great all 3 times we've gone.

Dave Austin
ITB BMW #1

CaptJon
04-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll be there but will be working a corner or at Rescue One.

Tom Blaney
05-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know if the 3hr at Nelsons is confirmed. I heard a rumor that it might be cancelled because of lack of attendance. If so when will we know?

Tom

Hahn63
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Hope not! We are entered and I haven't heard anything. I would think they would have said something by now. Well if they do we can let them go home and we'll run around the track without them! :D

Roland

Molez93
05-12-2006, 02:02 PM
On a related note... Of the folks who have already registered, did anyone receive a confirmation via email or snail mail? As I have not, I was wondering and emailed the registrar earlier today. :unsure:

Scott M.
ITA CRX #34(?)

Hahn63
05-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Scott,

I didn't receive any confirmation. I assume no news is good news. See ya there!! :birra:

Roland

ITA RX7 #16

DaveITB1
05-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I just received our Team's confirmation, so I guess it is a Go.

Dave

Team Jagermeister

billf
05-15-2006, 08:54 AM
NEWS FROM THE FRONT: :015:

The Nelson Ledges 3 hour enduro is ON for the weekend...never was thought to be OFF.

Also, the Registrar has not been able to get the confirmations out as expected...for which she appologizes.

If there are any questions, or requests for help in any way...call her at:

Karen Frieder, Registrar for Western New York Region SCCA

1-(716) 693-7199

or e-mail me (us) at:
[email protected]

Good Racing

Bill f :024:
humble scribe for the Registrar

datadude
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Finally was able to get a backup of the amb stuff so it is now posted to mylaps.com. Just search Neohio and then it should be the first one Stl. Cities WNY Dr School Enduro

Tom Blaney
05-24-2006, 07:11 AM
I didn't stay around for th final results, but Larry Hebler and I finished 4th in class and I believe 2nd fastest lap. I have to give credit to Jim in the black CRX, he knows that track like I know Lime Rock, and he is quite skilled. Nice guy and very smooth driver, fortunatly for us he was a little taken back when he found out we were running with a bone stock gearbox compared to his LSD, so that made my being lapped not feel too bad.

Had a good race with the yellow civic for the last 1/2 hour and his bobble on the last corner/last lap gave me the position. Unexpectantly he came over ranting that I punched him off the track, but two guys came over to me and confirmed that I didn't touch him I just scared him into making a mistake.

Overall we had a good time, Nelsons is still very much a drivers track, it's too bad they still have to rely on portables (fortunatly it looks like the outhouses have finally been taken over by nature) and the frost has not been too kind to the track.

But thanks to the workers for putting on a good event.

Tom Blaney

JohnRW
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Final results are up at: http://www.steelcities-scca.org/roadracing...inalResults.pdf (http://www.steelcities-scca.org/roadracing/5-21-06_Enduro_FinalResults.pdf)

Thanks to StCt, WNY and FLR Regions for a nice weekend. For us regular Nelson-rats, the place is in the best shape it's ever been. It had rained all that week, and overnight on Sat/Sun, and didn't see anybody get stuck in the mud trying to get out...the place was bone-dry by early afternoon. Thanks to Kerrie & Scott for the drainage and upkeep.

Tom - I'd done the first shift and was standing at the wall over near the grid, watching T12-13, when you had your epic battle with the yellow Honda for the last few laps. Didn't think you'd get it back after you got screwed by the lapper coming onto the front straight with 3 to go, but we were standing there watching...waiting...expecting the checker at any moment. The yellow Honda certainly 'did it to himself' on the last lap...you were 10-15ft. back, and he just overcooked his entry to T12. Must have been 'hearing the footsteps' !!!

After 3 hours, just 7 seconds covered the top three Miatas (SM/SM/SSM). If we'd realized that, we would have tried harder (!). We bagged 5th overall and, just as we like to see, our 'fast lap' was the slowest of the first 13 finishers.

fairgentleman Z
05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
My appologies for racing anyone during the first few laps. In hindsight there are a couple cars that I should have held back for. As it was my first race, my only goal was to finish 50%, not hold other people up that were competing.