PDA

View Full Version : New Rule we need to make legal!

RSTPerformance
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
OK its a Joke that we need to make it legal if I really thought that it should be I would have put it over in rules and regulations. But it is funny considering some stuff I have seen over the years. Maybe Spec Miata should make these a requirment :)

http://www.realtruck.com/productline/1108/...ection_kit.html (http://www.realtruck.com/productline/1108/5483/1/race_car_decal_protection_kit.html)

Stephen

ddewhurst
04-07-2006, 06:37 PM
***This race car decal protection kit helps protect your decals and helps keep your sponsors happy. Made of durable lexan, these panels have been tested during some of the roughest racing seen anywhere.***

Stephen, I beleive these people must have missed testing these "durable lexan kiddy bars" on a Spec Miata car. :eclipsee_steering: :119: :mad1:

MMiskoe
04-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Laugh all you want, but I've been saved big doughnuts on my car by the glued on plastic body moldings that ran the length of it. More than one occasion the "rub rail" did exactly what that and all I had to do was wipe off all the burned rubber & plastic that got thrown around while some tire ground the plastic away.

I did finally take them off (or rather they didn't go back on after the last paint) because they are a monumental pain to get to come out right and they look weird.

I think some of the SM cars would do well to just hang their used tires around the perimeter like a tug boat.

Conover
04-10-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't know. . .those look like they might add downforce. We better get a commitee to do some wind tunnel testing before aproving those
:lol:

zracre
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
can I get them in quick release, so I can release them into the guy trying to pass me to distract him?? Hmmm a new use!

benspeed
04-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I have the spring loaded ejecto-rivet kit for sale - only on Ebay!

Wreckerboy
04-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Rules creep...not consistent with class philosophy and intent...we thank you for your submission.....