PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control warranty question...

eMKay
03-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Do I need a reciept to take advantage of their lifetime warranty? One of the set screws is siezed in one of my coilovers, and I believe I am the 3rd owner of them.

JamesB
03-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Best way to find out is to call them and ask for a warentee replacement and see what they request.

ryotko
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Do I need a reciept to take advantage of their lifetime warranty? One of the set screws is siezed in one of my coilovers, and I believe I am the 3rd owner of them.
[/b]

I've never dealt with GC but I would have a hard time asking any company to warranty a coilover sleeve for a seized set screw. I look at something like that as a maintenance item. I would think that a warranty would at most cover manufacturing/material flaws. These are "race" parts after all.

Not trying to be an a-hole but it's warranty requests like this that make it hard for folks when they have a legitimate (IMO) clame.
Between heat, penetrating oil and, at worst, drilling it shouldn't be that hard to fix the thing.

-Bob

eMKay
03-31-2006, 11:54 PM
I've never dealt with GC but I would have a hard time asking any company to warranty a coilover sleeve for a seized set screw. I look at something like that as a maintenance item. I would think that a warranty would at most cover manufacturing/material flaws. These are "race" parts after all.

Not trying to be an a-hole but it's warranty requests like this that make it hard for folks when they have a legitimate (IMO) clame.
Between heat, penetrating oil and, at worst, drilling it shouldn't be that hard to fix the thing.

-Bob
[/b]

I drilled the thing out, probably just tap it and install a new set screw.