PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell choices for Rabbit/Scirocco

Eric Parham
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm thinking custom bladder using stock steel tank as the metal enclosure. I guess the filler could be either at the stock point or where the level-sensor mounts. I'd probably use a low-pressure transfer pump inside the cell. Has anyone done it this way? Do any of the fuel cell manufacturers already have this mold?

Bill Miller
03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Eric,

I think you'be better off fabricating a new can, that approximates the dimensions of a stock tank, and mounting it in the same place. You could probably plumb up the stock filler neck if you wanted to. I would think it might be a pain to make this work w/ a stock tank as the can.

racer14itc
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking custom bladder using stock steel tank as the metal enclosure. I guess the filler could be either at the stock point or where the level-sensor mounts. I'd probably use a low-pressure transfer pump inside the cell. Has anyone done it this way? Do any of the fuel cell manufacturers already have this mold?
[/b]

Eric,

Stu at BSI had a really trick cell made by ATL that bolted into the stock location, had internal baffles/surge tank system with an internal pump. He had this made for the GP Scirocco he built for Jim Anderson. Cost him about $1200 IIRC.

Call Stu, I'm sure he can help you.

MC