PDA

View Full Version : *Wanted* ITB Audi Coupe

RSTPerformance
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Tom-

First where are you located???

Second, check out this add. It is old and I had talked with someone here on this site about the car as they were interested in it. Not sure if they ever bought it or not. Check it out...

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...wtopic=6380&hl= (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6380&hl=)

You might also look up this ad to see if the car is still available as a parts car.

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...wtopic=7622&hl= (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7622&hl=)

Finding one of these cars for sale might be a bit tough... Not many are raced despite our success with the cars. We could always build you one with a potential to win a championship like ours for $15,000 or so :smilie_pokal:

Good luck and if you do get into this racing thing with an Audi, be sure to call us... we would love to help :)

You can see pictures of our 84 coupes on our website, but for some foolish reason the dam thing isn't working today, errr. Need to contact the people with the server.

Raymond Blethen

Tom N
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Raymond,

Nice to hear from you again. I was talking to you a couple of years ago about converting my street car but my father in law needed a car so I sold it to him. At the time he only had his Harley and they are kinda tuff to ride in the snow! :119:

Thanks for the info I will check them out. Keep me up to date. I have your website bookmarked.

Tom

Sorry, forgot to tell you I live really close to St. Louis. Gateway is about 30 min from my house.

JLawton
03-30-2006, 07:58 AM
We could always build you one with a potential to win a championship like ours for $15,000 or so :smilie_pokal:
[/b]

Wow, you guys going for a $12,000 profit!! :lol:

Bill Miller
03-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure Doug Chaplin is still selling Phil Phillips' old car. He's near Harrisburg, Pa.

x-ring
03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I think that Bill Pichardo still has his for sale. He's in Denver.

You can contact him at scca (at) slipstreaminc (dot) com

I seem to remember that he wants $7K for it, but I'm not absolutely sure.

RSTPerformance
03-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow, you guys going for a $12,000 profit!! :lol:
[/b]

How else am I giong to afford to get a Honda??? :lol: JK

But in all serioseness you can build one like ours for < $10,000 or so if YOU are willing to do all the labor to get it thier. Our cars seem to be getting more and more expensive as we run more and more seasons and get more and more cool "fast stuff"...

Most expensive stuff on ours: Quaiffe ($1,500 installed), Roll Cage ($900), Camber/caster plates ($1,000 installed), coilovers ($400 and a lot of labor to rebuild the front strut housings to fit), motor($500), hummm I think lots of little stuff left like spherical bearings that all costs a decent amount of money but less than $500.

Raymond

eimc
03-30-2006, 02:46 PM
I was interested in Doug&#39;s Audi Cpe but the last email I got him stated the car was unavaible at this time. Reguards Paul

Bill Miller
03-31-2006, 10:12 AM
I was interested in Doug&#39;s Audi Cpe but the last email I got him stated the car was unavaible at this time. Reguards Paul
[/b]

Paul,

Did you buy Andy King&#39;s old Golf?? I&#39;ll talk w/ Doug and see what&#39;s going on w/ the car. It&#39;s actually his dad&#39;s car, and I know he goes back and forth on what he wants to do w/ it.

eimc
03-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Paul,

Did you buy Andy King&#39;s old Golf?? I&#39;ll talk w/ Doug and see what&#39;s going on w/ the car. It&#39;s actually his dad&#39;s car, and I know he goes back and forth on what he wants to do w/ it.
[/b]
Bill, yes I have had Andrews Golf for about a year and a half now. I heard a rumor that Doug was renting the Audi out until july. If he wants to sell it It&#39;s just a matter of picking it up. I last emailed him about a month ago (I was going to look at it and had a 99% of buying it) about coming to look at it and at that time he emailed me that the car was not available. Thanks Paul

Bill Miller
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Andy&#39;s old car is cool for sure. I remember the first time I saw he. He had it out at Bridgehampton at an EMRA event. There was a friend of his out there w/ a tubro Rabbit (one of the original Calloway systems, IIRC), but his name escapes me. Andy&#39;s car was always wicked fast. I left Doug a voice mail, I&#39;ll let you know what I hear.

Tom N
05-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Still looking. Any new info lately? Thanks!

orlando_wrx
05-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Give Irish Mikes a call, they&#39;re in Orlando, FL. Mike still has his championship winning Audi sitting behind the shop. It&#39;s been raided for misc. parts but would go back together quite easily.

Irish Mikes Superior Automotive
407-282-9999

Tom N
07-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Still looking. Wanting to start running next season. Entry level car, doesn&#39;t have to have all the go fast stuff but it would be nice! Thanks!