PDA

View Full Version : HANS Post replacements

jimmy p
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Has anyone succesfully purchased just the HANs posts from anywhere?

The posts meaning the actual bolt / post that the tether clips to,
You know the ones with the eeentsy-weeentsy flat spots for a wrench and a none to deep (and curved) slot for a screwdriver?

I have succesfully mangled mine swapping over from my old helmet to my new one and wondering if I am going to have to buy two anchor kits just to get these little posts.

Anyone else mangle theirs?
Are they intended to self destruct after one installation or am I just a clod?

Thanks in advance
87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car 2.0 Litre
04 Ford F350 - V10
06 Audi A3 Brillant Red / 2.0 / DSG *awesome transmission

gsbaker
03-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Jimmy,

I don't believe you can buy the individual part, but you can buy the assembly.

biovic
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I know they sell and install the HANS, so I would try Jeff at HMS motorsport in Peabody, MA.
www.hmsmotorsport.com
888-467-3269

JamesB
03-28-2006, 11:47 AM
you can buy anchor sets, they are around 55 bucks. Call your HANS supplier they should have it or be able to get it for you.

jimmy p
03-31-2006, 01:30 AM
For the archives...
None of the dealers had any loose post bolts, but the boys at HANs in ATL had pity on my clumsiness and hooked me up with a set.
I called them direct after striking out at HMS and Apex.
Fantastic customer service.
I cant tell you how nice and understanding they were.

From talking to the dealers and the HANs tech, I get the idea until now this was a very limited problem, but with the massive switchover from all the guys who "had" '95 helmets going into 2005s,,, along with the increased HANs useage during that time period, they said they fear alot more guys swapping anchors over will be having similar problems.

I "predict" them becoming available as a separate item sometime soon...
Its pretty hard to tear up the anchors themselves, but the posts,,, they all agreed at the possibility of carnage during removal and reinstallation.
Hope this helps someone in the future.
Cheers
jimmy p.