PDA

View Full Version : TRACKS

Racefreak24
03-26-2006, 12:24 AM
This will be my first year racing, I will be ITS #4 Probe GT. My question is do we, or does anyone here ever go to Canada & race. They have 3 great tracks, Montblanc or something like that, Mosport and Calabogie which is new.

Part 2: What does border security look for and what can we or can we NOT bring with us?

RSTPerformance
03-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Gone to the racetrack in St Jovet at Tremblant a few times back in the day with my dads MR2... Never had any isses or were even checked for anything at the Vt/Quebec border on 89.

Last year on July 4th weekend I went across the border to Niagra Falls after a race at Mid Ohio with the Audi... Once again no issues at all other than finding parking, which supprisingly wasn't that hard even with the trailer!!!

Raymond

Gone to the racetrack in St Jovet at Tremblant a few times back in the day with my dads MR2... Never had any isses or were even checked for anything at the Vt/Quebec border on 89.

Last year on July 4th weekend I went across the border to Niagra Falls after a race at Mid Ohio with the Audi... Once again no issues at all other than finding parking, which supprisingly wasn't that hard even with the trailer!!!

Raymond

Vantage #51
04-03-2006, 07:24 PM
As someone who has been across the border a couple of times,the Canadian customs guys are usually ok to deal with.It would help if you had a list of all major items on board, but not necssary.Just make sure that you have no firearms,and are not bringing anything to leave or sell in Canada.
There are more that a couple of nice tracks,Mosport and Shannonville in Ontario,and St Jovite/Mont Tremblant in Quebec, plus Atlantic Motorsport Park in Nova Scotia[our home play ground]
Your US $ goes a little farther here too,and the Canadian organisers will take your SCCA license.
Give us a try, we'll guarantee a good time.
Vantage #51

lateapex911
04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
This will be my first year racing, I will be ITS #4 Probe GT. My question is do we, or does anyone here ever go to Canada & race. They have 3 great tracks, Montblanc or something like that, Mosport and Calabogie which is new.

Part 2: What does border security look for and what can we or can we NOT bring with us?
[/b]

Is that a case where "the pen is mightier than the car"??

;)

MaxEnergy
04-04-2006, 02:36 PM
I've gone north of the border many times to Tremblanc and Mosport and never had a problem until the last time. Returning, the US side wanted proof of ownership of the race car. I used my log book and they let me through but said it wasn't sufficient proof. They were just in the mood to hassle someone. Your incar radios are often illegal in Canada without a license depending on the wattage, not sure of the exact law, just keep them out of sight. They are also much easier on caravans than a single hauler. So if you extend your trip and are driving solo, you may be in for a bit more scrutiny. Having a passport, while not essential, also softens them up a bit.