PDA

View Full Version : posi 7.5 rear

manny
03-25-2006, 08:02 PM
any out there know of a some type of posi or LSD for the the ford 7.5 rear in a fox body mustang?

mustanghammer
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
any out there know of a some type of posi or LSD for the the ford 7.5 rear in a fox body mustang?
[/b]

I ran a 7.5 rear end in a C Prepared Solo II car for a number of years before swtiching to an 8.8. I used three different diff's

The factory Traction Lok - a cone type - worked for a while. When it started to slip I went to an Auburn Cone Posi. I worked better that the OEM unit but it would come apart from time to time and take out the ring and pinion. So I finally switched to a Detriot Locker. These are made for Ranger trucks and it was a bolt in. The locker absolutly NEVER slipped but it wasn't all that smooth. It would be my choice if I had to run a stock or near stock rear suspension.

What I learned was that if you have a rear suspension doesn't bind in roll you can run an OE posi and do okay. I had a Three Link in my solo car so bind was not an issue. When the car had the stock four link I needed a real good posi to keep the inside wheel from spinning on tight turns.

Hope this helps

mtclimber03
03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey I have a complete posi trak differential from a 88 bronco ii. It is complete with a 3.73 ring gear and pinion plus bearings and spider gears. I ran it in a 98 ranger for 3 months but I pulled it out and went back to the open differential. The unit is in perfect working condition. I am willing to sell it to you for a low price, just make an offer. I am located in Boone NC. Call me at 864-979-0333 if your interested