PDA

View Full Version : NHIS in a Month!

Andy Bettencourt
03-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Enough bantering with transplants from other BB's...

Who is headed to NHIS for the opener???

Andy Bettencourt
ITA Miata #09

Will also be dragging 3 SM rentals booked for the weekend.

Doc Bro
03-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I'll be there testing on friday....and now that I think about it, testing on Sunday.

R

StephF
03-25-2006, 11:38 AM
We&#39;re shooting for it, probably with just one car this time. Still thrashing on mine at the moment... <_<
Hopefully, both cars will be out for the Triple on Memorial Day.

RSTPerformance
03-25-2006, 07:44 PM
We will be running with the 2 Audi&#39;s

3rd one seems like it will never make it to the track... maybe someday when dad settles down ;)

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
03-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I&#39;ll be there testing on friday....and now that I think about it, testing on Sunday.

R [/b]

Actually, if you want to test, be there Thursday...the school is Fri-Sat.

AB

16v
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
I might be there :cavallo:

Racefreak24
03-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Be at the school with my 93 Probe GT..............yep Probe GT

JLawton
03-26-2006, 07:01 AM
I&#39;ll be there for testing Thursday, planning on helping out at the school and running on Sunday.

Took the new car out at PDA event at LRP yesterday..........

One word: Sweeeeeeet!!

dazzlesa
03-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I LIKE THE LINE UP FOR THE ITA RACE SO FAR. IT SHOUND BE A GOOD ONE.

RSTPerformance
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
rick-

Are you bringing out the ITB Honda??? Very curiouse to see how well I think it is going to do... :(

Raymond

lateapex911
03-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Great diversity in ITA! NX2000, Integra, Integra, RX-7, 240 SX 240SX, Miata, Miata. So far.

dazzlesa
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
MAYBE POCONO. IF NOT THEN LIMEROCK. I WILL PROBABLY RUN THE TEST APRIL 25TH. I AM ALSO ANXIOUS TO SEE HOW IT RUNS.

RSTPerformance
03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Pre race counts for quick looks!!!

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604350 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604350)

Raymond

JLawton
03-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Great diversity in ITA! NX2000, Integra, Integra, RX-7, 240 SX 240SX, Miata, Miata. So far.
[/b]

Hey!! Are you dissin&#39; me Jake?? :P

dominojd
03-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey!! Are you dissin&#39; me Jake?? :P
[/b]

Oh here goes Saturn boy coppin a snooty Saturn attitude again. :rolleyes:

7racing
03-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Damn. Only a month away. I better get my car ready.

Oh, it is ready. I&#39;m actually ahead of the game. That&#39;s a first.

I plan on being there for Sunday. Probably show up Friday night or Saturday morning, go through Tech, get stressed out about something, and pray the new motor stays together.

Jeremy

I LIKE THE LINE UP FOR THE ITA RACE SO FAR. IT SHOUND BE A GOOD ONE.
[/b]

Speaking of the lineup, where is your entry? And where is Hunter? And Gangi? Let&#39;s go people!

I know Boombalatti is skeered of NHIS, so I don&#39;t expect to see him up there. :cavallo:

Jeremy

almracing
03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
The LisaGardner.com car will be there. Right now the car is way under weight... no tranny. It is surprising what damage a broken syncro spring can do to a pinion gear. :o

Jeremy Billiel
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Not many ITS cars yet, I hope to be able to at least be competitive in my GSR.... :D

Tkczecheredflag
03-30-2006, 04:34 PM
We are in too. If I could figure out how to post a photo of the new ride with her new dress, I would, but I seem to have trouble with that. Took the maiden voyage with her at LRP Monday, looped her in the left hander on lap 4 or so. Seems like I will have a long way to go on the learning curve, as I was having trouble cracking a .02 with the old tires :rolleyes: - just kidding. I hated the car in the first session but we were smoking cigarettes and comparing notes of our adventure into bliss by the end of the day, and yes it was good for me too. :D

nlevine
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
My entry&#39;s in! Hope I get the car done in time..

-noam

p.s. Tim Klvana in an Integra?

lateapex911
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
My entry&#39;s in! Hope I get the car done in time..

-noam

p.s. Tim Klvana in an Integra?
[/b]

Yup.....and not ANY Integer either.

Don&#39;t fall for his humble pie either...

We&#39;re all doomed

(Some more than others, LOL...like ME!)

benspeed
03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
I will be there with the moster SPO machine. But if I haven&#39;t finished figuring out the suspension and geometry conversion over to road racing the BigSpeed RX7 will be out to play :smilie_pokal:

I hope have it done though - I see the SPO champ is registered and I want to see if we&#39;ve got anything for &#39;em.

ulfelder
03-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I just need to get the RX-7 good and cheated up. :018: I&#39;ll be there.

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports

Andy Bettencourt
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
We are in too. If I could figure out how to post a photo of the new ride with her new dress, I would, but I seem to have trouble with that. Took the maiden voyage with her at LRP Monday, looped her in the left hander on lap 4 or so. Seems like I will have a long way to go on the learning curve, as I was having trouble cracking a .02 with the old tires :rolleyes: - just kidding. I hated the car in the fist session but we were smoking cigarettes and comparing notes of our adventure into bliss, by the end of the day, and yes it was good for me too. :D [/b]

Timmy my boy, you bought the red car huh? I had a clock on you... :)

Come out of the closet! (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=04FT003R010316&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1)

AB

dazzlesa
03-30-2006, 08:54 PM
i really,really wanted to wax you guys :rolleyes: , but i am not too found of nhis. so i hope you guys show up at lrp. my early favorite in no partiqular order is brandon,jeremy and greg. so the rest of you wolves come and show us what you got . :D

Tkczecheredflag
03-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Timmy my boy, you bought the red car huh? I had a clock on you... :)

Come out of the closet! (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=04FT003R010316&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1)

AB
[/b]
Andy - We had no time piece going at LRP - so how did I do - felt like I was running in the .10&#39;s range, as I was using the middle pedal much more often than I am used to. Was I running .10&#39;s?????

Andy Bettencourt
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Andy - We had no time piece going at LRP - so how did I do - felt like I was running in the .10&#39;s range, as I was using the middle pedal much more often than I am used to. Was I running .10&#39;s????? [/b]

Just busting ya. Got 3 of your laps but as you know, without clean track at one of those days, the times mean nothing. You should be a guy to beat this year. Of the people who ARE going to show...there are 5-6 who could win any week!

Tkczecheredflag
03-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Just busting ya. Got 3 of your laps but as you know, without clean track at one of those days, the times mean nothing. You should be a guy to beat this year. Of the people who ARE going to show...there are 5-6 who could win any week!
[/b]
Thanks for the vote of confidence - but I know ZOOM ZOOM will be right there too. Good luck this year.

BB Racer
03-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks Rick. We&#39;ve done a lot of work to the BB Racing cars over the winter and if we can get all the parts in time i expect my brother and i both to be in the hunt. Plus Jeremy&#39;s got a new motor and i&#39;m worried the new Nissan to have is gonna be Greg&#39;s. Plus i&#39;ve heard rumors of a Miata that should be competitive, wow that&#39;s a lot of fast cars. Gonna miss the usual Acura contingent though, watching you Rich and Victor tear each other apart was fun (until i got caught in it :( ).
What i&#39;m excited about is that of all the NER classes ITA seems to be shaping up as the best by far. Like SM but we don&#39;t have to drive MIATAs. :D

See ya all in a couple of weeks, lookin forward to some great racin..

stevel
03-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Like SM but we don&#39;t have to drive MIATAs. :D
[/b]

I know. And despite that some people VOLUNTARILY run one anyways! ;)

Of course as I type this I remember that I&#39;m renting an FOM car for the SM race! Yikes!

steve

biovic
04-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Geez, I didn&#39;t even think (read: almost forgot) of registering online yet, although I plan on being there. I just got the car back last night from the shop, but unfortunately, I still have lots of regular maintenance to do before the race since the car was only in the shop due to the Comp. adj. rules changes regarding weight (adding: additional roll cage bars, mounting spare tire, steel barbell plate in pass footwell). My valid excuse is that I have been too busy with home carpentry projects and a recent job change to work on the car. :wacko:

Victor
#03 ITA Integra

dpc
04-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Andy, what night is the poker game, and what is the buy in? dave

Andy Bettencourt
04-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Andy, what night is the poker game, and what is the buy in? dave [/b]

How about Friday night...buy in TBD...

:) Red Roof Breakfast area after dinner...

Jeremy Billiel
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
How about Friday night...buy in TBD...

:) Red Roof Breakfast area after dinner...
[/b]

Are rookies allowed? If so I am in!

I love winning everyone&#39;s money! :D

RSTPerformance
04-03-2006, 08:34 AM
I&#39;m finally registered!!

However the car isn&#39;t even close to being ready....
No engine
No tranny
No suspension
No body work on or even painted!
WOW do I have a lot to do! I think I have some late nights ahead of me
:wacko:

I really need to get the car done since my brother is the only other one registered and I know I can beat him
:cavallo:

Stephen
ITB Audi Coupe

Andy Bettencourt
04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
And we knew Rick wouldn&#39;t stay away! Teg or Toyota?

dazzlesa
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
DO NOT COUNT ME IN YET. :wacko:

Andy Bettencourt
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
DO NOT COUNT ME IN YET. :wacko: [/b]

Oh, you&#39;ve been counted!

http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604350#6
(http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604350#6)

:)

dazzlesa
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
SUMMIT :D OR NHIS :( . THAT IS THE QUESTION <_<

gran racing
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow Stephen! And I thought I had some work ahead of me before my first race the first weekend of May. :rolleyes: Somehow I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll be at NHIS. Just watch some race video and that&#39;ll be enough motivation.

Rick - Summit or NHIS? NHIS!! Then join us for Summit HypeRfest.

RSTPerformance
04-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I don&#39;t know what Stephen is complaining about.... :rolleyes:

Spy photo&#39;s taken last night with my camera ;) looks to me like the car is in better shape now than it ever has been!!! :cavallo:

StephenB
04-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Spying on me, now that is just not fair! And besides today I painted it Silver! I still have to put the engine together, Build the suspension, and put it all back in the car.... hopefully Saturday the Blue will be painted and it will be on it&#39;s way back home! Then I can go to town putting it all back in 1 peice! It still hasn&#39;t started in over 17 Months!! Since the ARRC in 2004 :o

PS: Raymond stop spying and help out :)

gran racing
04-08-2006, 08:06 AM
So, why is your car apart that much?

Well, I&#39;m off to work on prepping my car now too. :(

lateapex911
04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Better get crack-a-lacking there Dave, looks like Stephen can use some of your newly aquired painting skills!

benspeed
04-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Newly installed and properly cambered rear axels are in place on the SPO machine - just might barely make it. Just need to finish the front left suspension and alignment and she&#39;ll be done.

V8 power thumping soon.

Dano77
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Sounds like every ones almost ready, Unloaded the RX 7 to its new owner(s). Parked the SPO in the new garage & promptly made it a storage container. Needed space for the tractor,shovels,rakes & kid toys. Oh well maybe Memorial day or pig roast. See ya at the school. BIG BORE RULES!!!!!
Dan

JLawton
04-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Who said that going National will limit the regional Miatas!!! :119:

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604350 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604350)

StephenB
04-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, I have my car back form the body shop... It got painted the wrong color Blue for the blue stripe :o .... arrgggg I hate it when they give you the wrong quart at the paint supplier! :018:

Anyway I decided I really wanted to race at NHIS so I would go and have it repainted after the first race.... :dead_horse:

Last night putting the final touches on the engine before I install it... Yes it is still not installed. :o And what do you know we brake an injector off inside the head! :bash_1_: Not what I needed. I am now off to take the head off and get the peices parts out, this is not what I had in mind when I decided to gut the car and go through everything before this season! :unsure: I can&#39;t belevie I started this process 4 months in advance and I still got to 1 week away and It&#39;s crunch time and time to thrash. I guess no matter how early you start you will always run into that deadline at some point! :wacko:

I hope everyone else is much more prepaired than I am!
Stephen

Doc Bro
04-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I&#39;m having a lot of trouble dialing my forced induction set-up in. Can anyone help?....anyone?....Bueller? :D

See ya there (I hope......no shocks...no rims....no tires......no problems?????)

R

StephenB
04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Well I am calling it a day! The injector is fixed and the intake manifold back on!! The suspension is in but not set just in the car... The engine is in but not running, The axles are not in and the exhaust isn&#39;t finished... yuck those are the parts I hate, oh ya the shifter darn I guess I will need that! Then it&#39;s lights, door handles and bumpers oh my!

Well at least it resembles a car now! :happy204:
off to get some zzz&#39;s :015: and then bring the crew to the airport at 5AM so they can go on Vaca while I thrash some more!

Stephen

PS: Look out Raymond... the only reason I am doing this is to beat you! :cavallo: Our cars may look alike and give that illusion of a "team" but truth is you are gone, your car is sitting next to mine, I&#39;m restoring mine and I needed some parts :o You&#39;ll never figure out which ones :D

benspeed
04-14-2006, 11:50 AM
The SPO car sits on the trailer waiting to go to the race shop for the final suspension and alignment work. They still don&#39;t have a slot ready for me.

Lookout ITS - I registered since the race shop seems to be in a coma and unable to get it done!

Stephen - I heard that stolen parts are good for an extra .5 second at NHIS! Slows the competition down too!

RSTPerformance
04-14-2006, 12:13 PM
PS: Look out Raymond... the only reason I am doing this is to beat you! :cavallo: Our cars may look alike and give that illusion of a "team" but truth is you are gone, your car is sitting next to mine, I&#39;m restoring mine and I needed some parts :o You&#39;ll never figure out which ones :D
[/b]

hummmm not suer what to say, other than now I have an excuse if you beat me... and if you don&#39;t beat me... what will be your excuse???

Also don&#39;t forget to give props to Tom who is taking all of next week off to set up the cars and get them BOTH ready to kick some @$$!!! Also be careful, I am also on vacation next week (not going to Myrtle Beach with the rest of the crew) so while you are at work and I am doing the final touches you car may become victome of what you have started :018:

Raymond "this will be an interesting year!!!" Blethen

StephenB
04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
With a 60% chance of rain I just installed the wipers!! Make sure everyone packs rain gear and wastes tons of time doing so... this almost always gaurentees no Rain, so prepare for it like crazy!

Off to my real Job to pay for these late nights that some call preperation and others call thrashing...

Praying for sun shine B)
Stephen

gran racing
04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
This is great! :OLA: Stephen, I heard that Ray is going to mess around with your timing before the LRP event. Oh, and Ray, you should hear the stuff Stephen has planned for you. Guys, keep going with this. I&#39;ll take all the help I can get. :)

RSTPerformance
04-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Praying for Rain!!! :035: If you recal the 05 NARRC Runoffs race, I have no fear when it comes to a slippery track... :wacko: Although I didn&#39;t get any ice racing in this season, wich has me a bit disapointed :( ...

Raymond

Jeremy Billiel
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
60% chance of Rain Sunday! Got the rain tires ready. This should make for an interesting season opener!

BobsAuto
04-16-2006, 02:00 PM
You guys heard the weather report already for next week? Well, Raymond and Stephen, if you are praying for rain you better talk to your guardian angels :rolleyes: Gram and Gramp and have them "water the garden" for you! :happy204: Looking forward to next Sunday.....need a good break from reality. Hope to see some good racing....and DON&#39;T SCRATCH the silver paint Stephen....it&#39;s ok to scratch the blue! :cavallo:

benspeed
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
OK - its official - the speed shop has let me down and I won&#39;t have the SPO car ready. :bash_1_: Lookout ITS! :cavallo:

Jeremy Billiel
04-17-2006, 02:35 PM
The ITS and ITB race looks to be a great one with over 30 entrants so far!

moto62
04-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to all of you this weekend. Sorry we won&#39;t be able to make it up for a visit. Be safe and drive well. :happy204:

Tom Blaney
04-21-2006, 05:40 AM
I concur with baloonfoot Ray Lee :birra: make it a smart FUN race. Personally I be rooting for some more than others.

Tom

dazzlesa
04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
i will be a no show. good luck to all and i will root for ALL YOU GUYS! GO GET EM RICK :happy204:

lateapex911
04-21-2006, 02:01 PM
yea, have fun, and take lots of action pics and videos, and report back here RIGHT AWAY!

Results!
Pictures!
Scuttlebutt!
Who hit who! (Nobody hit anybody? I hope!)
Hot up and comers?
New guys in new classes??
And...will a Sheppard finish a race??

RSTPerformance
04-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Priliminary reports...

The Test Day went well, saw lots of fast cars and new cars including several Flat Out Motorsports SM cars, BB Racing cars, Jeff Lawtons Saturn (love that thing) and even a new very nice GP VW Rabbit for Dave Sanborn. I am sure I am missing a few, as thier were 82 cars from what I herd... its been a long week so sorry if you were new and I missed ya!!!

In the test day, we as expected had teathing issues like many others... Overheating issues that took all day to figure out on stephens car and after major unassemblies and reassembalies we found it was as simple as the wires were attached to the fan backwards. After that issue was resolved it was time to work on repairing the rear brakes that fell apart after not being used for a year and a half. Special thanks to Brian Mushnick for helping with the repairs. On my car I lost the brakes, hub & Bearings, and an outer CV joint at the same time. Luckaly nothing compleatly failed and I was able to get the car into the pits safely.

For ITB Jason Benagh proved to be reliable yet again without any issues (bastard!!!) and Eli or was it Matt (?) was quick in the Shine Racing yellow VW. He may have some secrets to get him in the front... we will just have to wait and see!!!

The School also went well, I was an operating steward in control for a good part of the day, however I did have to leave early. Wow though is all I have to say to those people who are Operating Stewards sitting in the control tower. That job is a VERY busy job and I encourage anyone who really wants to see ALL the volunteers at work at one of our events ask the Operating Stewards listed on the supps if you can observe, but go with the plan to just keep quite and learn to see how important all of our voluneers are ;) You will see a different and great side of SCCA!!!

As for the students from what I observed overall I think the driving was good, and we have another great year of newbies ahead of us!!! I however did see lots of passes under yellow, not just by students which I found disapointing. Thier were also other students who missed other flags such as Black Flags, Meatballs, and Red Flags, but I think they learned thier lessons ;) Thier were also a few accidents but nothing to bad. One driver was transported to get checked out, but my understanidng was no seriose injury. He had driven the car back to the pits on its and his own power then walked to medical to get checked out. Anyway Good Luck to all the students on a successfull second day!!!

Hope all at home are jelouse.... we are all having a blast without you (but we are wishing you were here also)!!!

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
04-23-2006, 06:42 AM
yea, have fun, and take lots of action pics and videos, and report back here RIGHT AWAY!

Results!
Pictures!
Scuttlebutt!
Who hit who! (Nobody hit anybody? I hope!)
Hot up and comers?
New guys in new classes??
And...will a Sheppard finish a race?? [/b]

Ray-Ray covered it well. Students were great on Sunday when they &#39;qualified&#39; and &#39;raced&#39;. They liked it a lot better when cars of similar speed were around them. Some nice racing and some really talented kids headed into SSM, SM, ITA just to name a few.

Rain here Sunday morning as predicted. Drivers seem to either be prepared for the weather or are packing it in. Some don&#39;t want to risk the damage in the first event. I am too stupid to do that...

ITA looks like it will be a great race anyway. Erik Shifflet in his 2.0 Golf is always very fast in the rain, Greg Amy and Jeff Lawton look really prepared in their front drivers so the RWD guys will look for some miscues to take advantage of. Hopefully it all goes down without any bent sheetmetal.

Jake, you would have been a favorite if it rains hard enough!!!