PDA

View Full Version : droop limiters

latebrake
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I know some of you guys know about droop limiters. Most have them built into the front shocks or struts. Is tuning with them legal in IT? I know that short strut housing like the VW Golf on the front of the 944 will stop inside wheel sping almost as good as LSD. Can be tough to tune and may make some cars push more.

Lawrence

lateapex911
03-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Well, struts are free, as are shocks, so sure, they are fine to the best of my knowledge. On a shock, they can be as simple as a chain from the top to the bottom.

bldn10
03-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm not so sure, Jake. Shocks are not totally free and I don't see anything about any external devices that would limit travel. I was thinking Lawrence meant a droop limiter that was built into the shock, and I think that is OK, but something separate from the shock like a chain? I don't know. And, if it attached to the chassis in a new location it might run afoul of the requirment that shocks mount in the original location.

Looking at the shock rules, I see that an argument could be made that the limitations on shocks in 5.b.1 do not apply to struts in 5.b.2 - surely that is not intended. ?