PDA

View Full Version : Need IT cars tech'd before NHIS opening day Regional

stevel
03-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey all,

We have 7 or possibly up to 10 cars that need to have an annual tech. All IT and SM cars. All have logbooks already (1 might not, have to double check). We were wondering if any tech inspectors in the area would be interested in coming out and teching all the cars before the regional at NHIS in April.

We realize your time is valuable so to make it worth your while we'll reimburse your travel expenses and provide food (pizza/subs) and drink (beer/soda). This would be at the Bogart's house in South Hampton, NH. Please email me at steveluszcz [at] hotmail.com or responding here is good too. Or if you know the right person(s) to contact but they would not see this I would appreciate there contact info. Thank you.

steve

RSTPerformance
03-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Steve-

You might want to contact Scott, The NER Chief Scrutineer...

Raymond

Racefreak24
03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I need inspection too although I will be hopefully getting it done @ shine motorsports in a couple weeks, but to respond to the question. It seems tech is hard to come by. How do you become a tech inspector and why arent there more of them?

dickita15
03-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Freak,
Any member can become a tech inspector but it takes time. In my case I went to the chief of tech and said I am racing regionals but if I work the regions two nationals and the preseason tech days is that an adequate commitment. I was told that would be fine. After one year I could do annuals on my own and after two full years I was allowed to issue logbooks to new cars. SCCA requires 6 days a year to maintain a license so I also help out on Friday nights and during the morning rush if I am in a late race group. Greg A stepped up to do the same thing a little over as year ago.
Why are there not more of us, because you need to make a commitment to help.
Anyone else want to step up?

stevel
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Steve-

You might want to contact Scott, The NER Chief Scrutineer...

Raymond
[/b]

Anyone have a valid email address for him? The one I got off of the NER website bounced back to me. I hate to call people at home, I think it's intrusive. I'd rather email. Calling him will be a last resort.

Dick, would you happen to be interested ? If you're on the fence about it, email me offline at the address above and we can discuss it further. We'll take care of you. Also, I am interested in becoming a tech inspector. Is Scott the guy to talk to about this? I would be able to commit to most of the NHIS regionals.

steve

RSTPerformance
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
if you get in contact with him PM me the e-mail...

Thanks;

Raymond

dickita15
03-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Scott’s email is

[email protected]

Steve it would be silly for me to drive 2 ½ hours each way. Scott lives in Foxboro or he can hook you up with a couple of other guys who are a heck of a lot closer.

stevel
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Scott’s email is

[email protected]

Steve it would be silly for me to drive 2 ½ hours each way. Scott lives in Foxboro or he can hook you up with a couple of other guys who are a heck of a lot closer.
[/b]

Dick, wasn't sure of your locale. I know where hampden is but sometimes people are all over the place for other reasons like work, etc. And since you had already posted I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

That address was the one I had emailed to, but it bounced back to me. I'll try it again.

steve