PDA

View Full Version : OBDII Custom Prom??

Z3_GoCar
03-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Alright, I can't believe I've been lurking the SIR thread :P

So I want the option to run JP as well as ITE. I don't want to race outside Kern County and figure this will mean more events to choose from. So going to the prepared rules, I guess I'm limited to running the stock Motronic (Moronic) computer with a custom flash program. I've been looking for options but don't see anything other than the standard JimC shark injector. I'm sure this will mean my special race built/Tec tuned 2.8l will be running lean even with a shark injector. So what options do I have other that the sausage cut to different lengths :lol:

BTW Andy, Nice bimmer:
http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/static/forsale/images/betterncourt1.jpg

Bet you wish there was a class other than ITE to race it in.

James
(Edited for spelling and humor :P )

mlytle
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM

So I want the option to run JP as well as ITE. I don't want to race outside Kern County and figure this will mean more events to choose from. So going to the prepared rules, I guess I'm limited to running the stock Motronic (Moronic) computer with a custom flash program. I've been looking for options but don't see anything other than the standard JimC shark injector. I'm sure this will mean my special race built/Tec tuned 2.8l will be running lean even with a shark injector. So what options do I have other that the sausage cut to different lengths :lol:

BTW Andy, Nice bimmer:

James
[/b]

convert to obdI

buldogge
03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Nick G @ Technique Tuning

and/or

Karl @ AATuning

Good luck...

BTW Andy, Nice bimmer:

James
[/b]

Z3_GoCar
03-25-2006, 02:13 AM
convert to obdI
[/b]

I asked about this on the BMW club race forum and was told that since the M-54 never came in OBDI that I can't convert it over. It seems silly that they'd write in the rules that one can convert from OBDII to OBDI but not allow it since all OBDII engines never came as OBDI. I just might wind up in C-mod instead of Prepared because of the stand-alone controler. So who's converting over to OBDI?

James