PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Drivers School Questions

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
So thanks to Greg and Dick, I am seriously getting ready to go back to school!

1) What is the best/cheapest reasonable hotel around NHIS? I see that there are many options, but I am looking for opinions.

2) If I were to get signed off, how does the licensing work if I want to race Sunday?

dickita15
03-19-2006, 12:18 PM
There is a Red Roof right down the road on Rt 106. Reserve now.

If a driver gets signed off on Saturday you take the your drivers logbook which now says “ready to race” to registration and sign up for the Sunday race. The late fee will be waived and you will be a real live racecar driver.

Don’t worry about the region has done this before.

By the way guys, Jeremy is a good guy who has been most helpful with our new track effort. Is there anyone out there who is willing to give him a hand as crew for the NHIS Friday, Saturday drivers school? A Honda guy would be best but he could really use someone. Students at schools really should not have to worry about fueling the car and torqueing the wheels.

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I also have a noobie question regarding tools, etc. To tow my car I borrow my dad's GMC 3500 1 to truck, but with everything in the back its not protected when at say the hotel overnight. Do most people just leave their tools/stuff at the track locked in theri cars?

JamesB
03-19-2006, 02:58 PM
heh, half the time I dont even lock my car, or my tools. I just put them in the back of the car out of the weather and clear sight in the paddock. When I work, I leave my keys in the ignition, my trucks been borrowed but always returned.

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 03:07 PM
heh, half the time I dont even lock my car, or my tools. I just put them in the back of the car out of the weather and clear sight in the paddock. When I work, I leave my keys in the ignition, my trucks been borrowed but always returned.
[/b]

I dont worry about the track. I know everyone there is trusted. But what about at the hotel over night, etc?

dickita15
03-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I would unload everthing at the track Thursday night and not bring anything to the motel. You might even consider renting a garage at NHIS. You rent them directly from the track. They hold two cars and you get a work bench. If you post here I am sure you can find someone to split it. real nice if the weather sucks.

JamesB
03-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh I leave everything at the track even when I have hotel, other then electronics, they usually come with me no matter where I go.

gran racing
03-20-2006, 09:47 AM
I've left my gear out at Red Roof's parking lot, and haven't had issues. I do put the more expensive stuff inside the truck and pack the racecar with as much as possible. Although I park it where well lit, it makes me a bit nervous too.

Quick somewhat related question. Will the gates be open to enter the track on Sat. or do you need to be on a crew list to get in? I'm going to watch the race on Sun. and am thinking about checking out the school on Sat. (with my wife).