PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows and Locks Clarification

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Okay, I have a '95 GSR with full power everything. The way I read the rules, there is no rule against me relocating the wiring into the car for the power windows and power mirror controls. This way, I can cover the doors with aluminium to prevent glass from coming into the car. Can anyone please clarify the rules on this? Thanks.

dickita15
03-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Well the mirror controls are easy because the good book says that you can use any mirrors so I do not think that is an issue.

You can swap the power windows for roll up if the car was available that way. You can certainly replace the upholstery with the right thickness alum and put the window control back where they were. I do not think anyone would object to you relocating the switch but I must admit using the strictest (tortured?) interpretation of the rules in may not be legal.

Why do you want to replace the stock door panels with aluminum? Is it because you think it is safer, because it is lighter, or because it makes it look more like a racecar?

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
If mirrors are open then I guess I can replace them with non power windows off of a non GSR Integra. As far as windows go, since the GSR is the only integra in ITS I can't go with crank windows, so I am stuck with power windows. I already got rid of the power locks.

As far as the stock panels go, I got rid of them years ago since they can't be used due to the cage being in the way. With that said, it sounds like my best option would be to put aluminum over the doors and fabricate a new bracket to hold the controls.

Correct?

lateapex911
03-19-2006, 02:18 PM
No, I think the best option is to toss the whole bunch of windows and brackets and motors etc, and replace them with a NASCAR door bar setup.

Jeremy Billiel
03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
No, I think the best option is to toss the whole bunch of windows and brackets and motors etc, and replace them with a NASCAR door bar setup.
[/b]

Jake - This IMO is not easier as this would require bringing the car back to a cage guy. Especially since weight is not my motivation here. But point well taken. This is one of thse learn as you did it builds and this is something I would do different if I build another one at some point.