PDA

View Full Version : For sale

jhooten
03-11-2006, 05:45 PM
One Southwest Division ITE 85 toyota supra. In good condition. Rod knock included at no additional cost.

You know sometimes it would be a lot less stressful to just go flush $300 down the toilet.

x-ring
03-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Aw, come on Jerry. You didn't really think this was going to be cheap, did you?

Be on the lookout for a accusump, I got mine off eBay for ~$125, IIRC, with the electric valve. No more oiling problems.

jhooten
03-13-2006, 10:14 AM
If I had know this allegedly super reliable Toyota was going to go through engines more often than some folks change their drawers I would have bought a F'ing (dare I say it) Honda. You know, come to think of it, a miata is starting to look better all the time.

What the hell the Camaro is paid for now. Maybe I should put a cage in it and go T1.

I have the parts car that smokes but runs. I'll pull the head and see what it needs. May get me back on track for the April race while I find a 7M to build and get away from the hydrolic lash adjusters in the 5M.

On the good side the car was better behaved on the track so I am making progress in that direction anyway.

FYI, Texas region is rumoured to be planning a 2h 45m enduro on friday befor their NN in May. Can you do that long in your Z car by your self?

Bill Miller
03-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Aw, come on Jerry. You didn't really think this was going to be cheap, did you?

Be on the lookout for a accusump, I got mine off eBay for ~$125, IIRC, with the electric valve. No more oiling problems.
[/b]

I'd stay away from the electric valve for the accusump. I found that it just reacted too slow, and when you turned the power off, the pressure would bleed down before it closed. Not to mention that it's just one more electronic thing to fail.

x-ring
03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
... a miata is starting to look better all the time.
[/b]

Eew.

What the hell the Camaro is paid for now. Maybe I should put a cage in it and go T1.
[/b]

Too spendy for me.

FYI, Texas region is rumoured to be planning a 2h 45m enduro on friday befor their NN in May. Can you do that long in your Z car by your self?
[/b]

I'd probably melt. If you ever run across a cool shirt on ebay, let me know. :D

I'd stay away from the electric valve for the accusump. I found that it just reacted too slow, and when you turned the power off, the pressure would bleed down before it closed. Not to mention that it's just one more electronic thing to fail.
[/b]

Hmm, I don't have that problem with mine. It closes pretty fast. I do have to agree with you about the 'one more thing to fail' part.