PDA

View Full Version : VIR Next Weekend

seckerich
03-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Just wanted to have one thread on this forum that may not use the words BMW or SIR. :bash_1_: Everybody ready for some sunshine and racing!!! I am running the sprint and my wife Vicki will be running the enduro's.

Vantage #51
03-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Two Canadian IT-B VW golfs will be there,after a 22 hr tow from the great white north.
Hope the weather is nice, ours is not.
Derek

Team SSR
03-10-2006, 07:34 PM
We'll be there in the slightly lightened 944. We're only signed up for the SARRC, but may also enter one ECR race.

mlytle
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to have one thread on this forum that may not use the words BMW or SIR. :bash_1_: Everybody ready for some sunshine and racing!!! I am running the sprint and my wife Vicki will be running the enduro's.
[/b]

darn, if i didn't have to work, i would bring my e36 with last year's restrictor plate down to play... :D

see, didn't use either of the forbidden words steve! :happy204:

marshall

iambhooper
03-10-2006, 09:43 PM
i don't have a german car with a blocking plate either. my honda and i, along with my co drivers, will be there for the ecr's and possibly the test day. the weather should be pleasant, maybe not as nice as this weekend though (upper 70's, low '80's).

Catch22
03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
mememememememememememememememememe!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait. I haven't strapped on a race car since DNFing at the ARRC. I can't wait.

No rain. Please.
I'm requesting sunny and 65 degrees Steve. See what you can do.

Scott, who will be bolting 100lbs of lead and a spare tire in a CRX Friday night and really doesn't care. I'm just dying to race.

seckerich
03-10-2006, 11:54 PM
darn, if i didn't have to work, i would bring my e36 with last year's restrictor plate down to play... :D

see, didn't use either of the forbidden words steve! :happy204:

marshall
[/b]
Don't worry Marshall, we have a very special anchor--I mean spare tire we would let you carry for us!! Sorry you can't make it, you ran good the last race there. I changed so much this winter It will be like a new car to learn.

Hotshoe
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I changed so much this winter It will be like a new car to learn.
[/b]
Ditto Steve,

.... I'm about 150lb lighter and have a fresh mill under the hood. With a new set of shoes she should be fast. I'm going up for test day ( breaking in the motor :015: boring). So, if anyone could use some help....... look me up. I usually park up by the false grid to the left.

.... Rick Thompson

mlytle
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Don't worry Marshall, we have a very special anchor--I mean spare tire we would let you carry for us!! Sorry you can't make it, you ran good the last race there. I changed so much this winter It will be like a new car to learn.
[/b]

as long as you didn't change the color scheme steve! :D

i will be down there mid april for a "german car with roundel" series race. hope to make the sarrc/marrs challenge event in may too.

have fun this weekend! go get 'em!

dj10
03-11-2006, 02:58 PM
[/b]

Oh do I wished my car (BMW, BMW, BMW) :D was together. I hope anyone and everyone in range of VIR brings their BMW&#39;s Without the SIR< SIR< SIR. So Steve could see these Emblems (BMW) in front of him. maybe for the last time. hehe To all BMW owners, make sure you look Steve up and park all around him. B)

Steve are you doing the MARRS in May?

seckerich
03-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh do I wished my car (BMW, BMW, BMW) :D was together. I hope anyone and everyone in range of VIR brings their BMW&#39;s Without the SIR< SIR< SIR. So Steve could see these Emblems (BMW) in front of him. maybe for the last time. hehe To all BMW owners, make sure you look Steve up and park all around him. B)

Steve are you doing the MARRS in May?
[/b]
I saw a BMW emblem all day today--on the hood of my 323 convertible. I felt like a traitor but the sun sure felt good!! I plan to see the emblem in the mirror at VIR. :D An yes I will be there in May, so look me up.

dj10
03-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I saw a BMW emblem all day today--on the hood of my 323 convertible. I felt like a traitor but the sun sure felt good!! I plan to see the emblem in the mirror at VIR. :D An yes I will be there in May, so look me up.
[/b]

Hmmmm let me see Pocono or VIR, what&#39;s a guy to do? B) It&#39;s 64 here in PA today if you can believe it, that&#39;s a heat wave. I&#39;ll see what the weather&#39;s like & what the SIR does.

Your street car is a BMW?? What not a RX7 ;) ?

Phat-S
03-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey Steve, Harry and I are coming up for Thursday test day and running both ECRs. Looking forward to seeing how the tubby CRX does at VIR w/ the changes this winter. Will be camping in the trailer so I am hoping for warmer weather than Goblins Go.

Who&#39;s bringing the TV so we can catch some NCAA opening round action?

Ron Earp
03-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I&#39;ll be there and camping in the paddock, but, racing a SM. The JH motor is still out and the 260Z rear is not in, so SM for me. Looks like my rookie IT debut will be at CMP in April.

I&#39;ll have a TV though, I wonder if it&#39;ll be on a local channel? I&#39;ll look around before coming.

Ron

seckerich
03-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Hmmmm let me see Pocono or VIR, what&#39;s a guy to do? B) It&#39;s 64 here in PA today if you can believe it, that&#39;s a heat wave. I&#39;ll see what the weather&#39;s like & what the SIR does.

Your street car is a BMW?? What not a RX7 ;) ?
[/b]
To defeat your enemy--first you must understand them!! :D The wife gets the bimmer and I have a few twin turbo rx&#39;s. We have had quite a few bmw&#39;s over the years. Come on down to VIR, I will even let you park next to us so I can see the logo.

Ditto Steve,

.... I&#39;m about 150lb lighter and have a fresh mill under the hood. With a new set of shoes she should be fast. I&#39;m going up for test day ( breaking in the motor :015: boring). So, if anyone could use some help....... look me up. I usually park up by the false grid to the left.

.... Rick Thompson
[/b]
I fear for the ITA crowd with you lighter!!

Hotshoe
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I fear for the ITA crowd with you lighter!!
[/b]

Steve,

.... I hope your right. I feel like I did a total rebuild on the car. The only thing I didn&#39;t take apart was the Rear differential.
.... Last season really used up the car. But this will be the best it has been since 2001.

.... I can&#39;t wait..... Looking forward to seeing you, might even sneak a draft ...... B)

.... Rick

.... PS: If anyone that lives close to Naples, Florida is going? PLEASE let me know

JeffYoung
03-13-2006, 03:08 AM
Not happy about it, but going to have to miss it guys. In Texas for a bachelor party/wedding. Funny, older you get the less you want to do that stuff.

In any event, Rick, looks like a good ITA field. Show&#39;em what the 7 can do.

RacerBowie
03-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Karl and I will be there running both ECRs in the Miata.

Can&#39;t wait!

mattjeffitc
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey Hooper, good to see that you&#39;ll be with us, in the slow group. We&#39;ll be over with Mike next to the pond. I&#39;ll be at the track for the test day. See ya there.

flaboy
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey Jeff good luck next weekend at vir..I&#39;ll be at Moroso for the double sarrc bringing up the rear in the slow class.But i do have a new 4 spd. box in and replaced all the whole fuel system and the car run great for now...hopefully it won&#39;t change...good luck ...give them hell up there!!

Tim

jmark
03-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Congrats to Greg Ira & Guy Marvin on a great weekend in their Datsun 240Z! :happy204:

latebrake
03-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I worked turn 10 Sat and Sun. How did you guys like the dust cloud in the bottom?? :wacko:
Seen a lot of good saves there as well.

Lawrence

Andy Bettencourt
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Help us dorks out with no racing yet! Details on IT!!!

seckerich
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Everything is already up at mylaps.com. Weekend was a blast!!

RSTPerformance
03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
What happened to Derek Lugar in ITB? I don&#39;t see him as entering the race after qualifying?

Raymond

dazzlesa
03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
103 cars for the first enduro. can you say wild. for the ITA race there was a very fast first generation rx7.results,alex m, mark carpentar, rick benazic. within 3 seconds in integras and adam in a crx in 4th. mark was flying at the end and earned the track record.

RacerBowie
03-20-2006, 12:22 PM
ITA Enduros:

Karl and I in the Miata finished 2nd on Saturday with an extra pit stop (Harness problem) and 1st on Sunday, even with starting 68th on the grid.

Way too much fun. My liver hurts from attempting to defeat the keg.

krshultz
03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Was it just me, or was that possibly the most efficiently run race weekend I&#39;ve ever been to?

My goodness. We were in and out of tech and registration in under five minutes. Everything basically ran on schedule, all the time, even with the occasional crash. People for the most part seemed to be racing really clean (apart from a few wreck miatas that decided to bump draft me down the roller coaster :018: )

Hats off to the NCR staff and all the racers who came out this past weekend. I really had a good time.

JeffYoung
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Andy, ITS race was apparently a knock down. Steve E. (who raced with Nick last year) went door to door with Kent Thompson, both in RX7s. They were side by side at teh finish, margin was .065.....NICE.

A really fast Z car was there as well, ran 2:14s which is smoking at VIR, near Chet Whittel BMW times.

Zahniser1970
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Excellent registration job,it was really quick in and out, thank you everyone. Karl and Bowie, I co-drove the yellow CRX that you snuck by us on Sunday for the win.Good job guys, we really enjoyed it.See you again soon.

Chad

krshultz
03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Excellent registration job,it was really quick in and out, thank you everyone. Karl and Bowie, I co-drove the yellow CRX that you snuck by us on Sunday for the win.Good job guys, we really enjoyed it.See you again soon.
Chad
[/b]

Chad, that was a real fun time and we&#39;re looking forward to racing with you in the future...having you there really pushed me to shake some excess rust off :happy204: Next time come to our paddock and help us with whatever grill, keg, and food we bring. We&#39;re having a good time out-drinking basically everyone :birra:

This year in ITA is going to be a hoot in the ECRs!

:happy204:

jmark
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Andy, ITS race was apparently a knock down. Steve E. (who raced with Nick last year) went door to door with Kent Thompson, both in RX7s. They were side by side at teh finish, margin was .065.....NICE.

A really fast Z car was there as well, ran 2:14s which is smoking at VIR, near Chet Whittel BMW times.
[/b]The 240Z was driven by Greg Ira & Guy Marvin. Won the 1st ECR overall and came second overall and first in ITS in the second ECR.

seckerich
03-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Those guys were flying in the Z. I guess the ITAC was pretty close with their class adjustments so far. Great job in both enduro&#39;s.

iambhooper
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
The 240Z was driven by Greg Ira & Guy Marvin. Won the 1st ECR overall and came second overall and first in ITS in the second ECR.
[/b]
I&#39;ll second that. The Z was very fast! But then again, there&#39;s little that doesn&#39;t seem fast when it passes a ITC car :D

Does anyone know the condition of the drivers from the Miata and SRF that were involved in the accident at 1 in Sunday&#39;s ECR? That litterally happened in front and behind me at the same time. The Miata got loose and spun from the outside line pointed towards the inside exit of one, the SRF was behind me and tried to pass me on the left after I started to the inside to avoid the miata, when the SRF hit the Miata in the front. It was not pretty. It was one of those situations were you wish you had a camera pointed towards the rear of the car at the same time.

Other than a little loss of top end, my car turned it&#39;s fastest lap ever at the track, with the stock motor. Of course, we could always use more speed. I would probably even say that if I was in the winning Z.

jmark
03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Some pics of a fast 35 year old car!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0050.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0043.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0078.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0134.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0181.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/VIR%2006/DSC_0183.jpg

rx7racer1
03-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I must say that it was a great weekend, but the traffic was really something in a relatively fast its car. I got knocked off track at the start of the Saturday enduro and restarted dead last (0f 103 cars) and managed to finish 11th. Sundy was better, qualified 4 and finished 3rd behind a srf and the z.
Ricky Thompson (aka hotshoe) had a pretty eventful weekend, but I&#39;ll let him tell about it.
Already looking forward to the next trip to vir!!

Vantage #51
03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Raymond,
The white #51 white Golf expired with new motor problems, head gasket went away after 35 minutes into
enduro #1. The Blue car broke a rt front control arm[at 110 mph!] at the 10 minute to go mark while leading the 2nd enduro .Starting grid of 103 cars was some thing else, I personally passed 20+ cars in the first 3 laps on saturday.Rob McCabe won the SARRC race in B, coming in at 8th, in a strong 45 car spec miata field, #51 did not run.
Good weekend, just not a great one!
Derek

RSTPerformance
03-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Raymond,
The white #51 white Golf expired with new motor problems, head gasket went away after 35 minutes into
enduro #1. The Blue car broke a rt front control arm[at 110 mph!] at the 10 minute to go mark while leading the 2nd enduro .Starting grid of 103 cars was some thing else, I personally passed 20+ cars in the first 3 laps on saturday.Rob McCabe won the SARRC race in B, coming in at 8th, in a strong 45 car spec miata field, #51 did not run.
Good weekend, just not a great one!
Derek
[/b]

Put that motor back in for NHIS events!!! :D

Looking forward to running with you guys again this year!!!

We had our teams "Anual ski trip" to Tremblant a few weeks ago... we came inches away from buying a bunch of Canada Loving t-shirts from Roots, but just couldn&#39;t bring ourselves to it!!! lol

Hope all is well, see you soon;

Raymond

Vantage #51
03-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Raymond,
The unfortunate reality this year is each of our events coencides with one of your weekends,in june, july& august.The only one that is OK is the cheap date, and we might consider going to the Glen the next weekend.
Major P/O because we really enjoy the NER -NHIS weekends.Unfortunately we are a little too involved with the race organizational aspects to not appear at our own events,however tempting it is to consider.
Derek