PDA

View Full Version : V-dub in da house, yo!

bhudson
03-09-2006, 11:50 AM
These are a hoot...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-...my-ride-videos/ (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/)

Knestis
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh, schnap.

K

RSTPerformance
03-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Good entertainment...

Thanks for the link :birra:

Raymond

Bill Miller
03-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh, schnap.

K
[/b]

No Kirk, it's "Oh, schnapes!" :birra:

gsbaker
03-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Those engineers, they are sooooooooooooo cool.

crushed
03-10-2006, 07:19 PM
it's definatly sucking :lol:

Knestis
03-11-2006, 10:11 AM
...and unlike at NASA Forums, your post here won't be deleted for promoting the "other sanctioning body."

:D

K

crushed
03-11-2006, 04:01 PM
...and unlike at NASA Forums, your post here won't be deleted for promoting the "other sanctioning body."

:D

K
[/b]

I didn't hear about that, but IT.com is not an official SCCA board, nasaforums.com is the official nasa forums so I can understand it.

At least at NASA events you won't get bitched at for running scca stickers like you will at SCCA events for running NASA stickers, even though there is nothing in the rules, supps, or fastracks that say you can't run them. :rolleyes:

but that's a topic for another thread....

x-ring
03-13-2006, 09:25 AM
At least at NASA events you won't get bitched at for running scca stickers like you will at SCCA events for running NASA stickers, even though there is nothing in the rules, supps, or fastracks that say you can't run them. :rolleyes:

but that's a topic for another thread....
[/b]

Well, yes there is. GCR 17.5.3 reads, in part, "... Logos and decals of sanctioning bodies other than SCCA shall be removed or covered (car and driver’s suit)."

Andy Bettencourt
03-13-2006, 09:39 AM

but that's a topic for another thread.... [/b]

Really? There is a lot more to the Rulebook than just the ITCS people.

"

On edit - Ty beat me to it!

crushed
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Really? There is a lot more to the Fastracks than just the ITCS :P

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/File/05-11-fastrack.pdf

page 3, Item 30

Andy Bettencourt
03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Really? There is a lot more to the Fastracks than just the ITCS :P

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/File/05-11-fastrack.pdf

page 3, Item 30

[/b]

And you are right on the change - but your post said there was nothing in the rules - there is. Obviously, you haven't been getting crap about this issue THIS year.

crushed
03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
And you are right on the change - but your post said there was nothing in the rules - there is. Obviously, you haven't been getting crap about this issue THIS year.
[/b]

LOL, that was the single biggest issue with my car for my 2006 annual tech, not blaming the tech inspector, but the higher-ups were telling all the officials to look out for this.

I'm done, back on topic...

x-ring
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
[/b]

Are you sure he's right, Andy? It doesn't look to me like that change made it into this year's rules. About that, the good book says:

1.2.3. Replacement of the GCR
Effective on January 1st of each year, all previous editions of the GCR will be superseded by the current edition. No revisions previously published in SportsCar will remain in effect unless included in the new edition of the GCR.

I'm done too, this is a dumb thing to argue about. :birra:

lateapex911
03-13-2006, 02:32 PM
It is dumb!

Honestly, who cares??

And now that I think about it, why should I even have to put SCCA or NASA stickers on the car?? After all, are they paying me? No. I pay them. As far as I am concerned, numbers, class, tow points, and fire/electrical should be it.

bhudson
03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Oh, schnap! V-dub is no longer in da house - Doh!