PDA

View Full Version : ITS GTI VR6 weight confusion

Eric Parham
03-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the 95-99.5 GTI VR6 weight in ITS? I recall that last year it was reduced to 2680, but this year's ITCS lists it back up at 2880 (although the Jetta is still at 2680). Is that just a typo on the GTI or did it get hit with 200lbs extra weight on purpose -- maybe to give those poor underfunded BMWs a sporting chance ;) I checked the first 3.5 FastTracks and didn't find a correction.

Bill Miller
03-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Eric,

I've inquired about that, and it is indeed a typo, and will be corrected.

Eric Parham
03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks Bill :happy204: Now I'll sleep soundly without having to count lapping 325s.

Andy Bettencourt
03-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks Bill :happy204: Now I'll sleep soundly without having to count lapping 325s. [/b]
You gonna run ITS this year?

AB

Fastfred92
03-09-2006, 12:14 PM
As a update to VW nation KarsRgood on this forum is now the owner of my SSB GTI VR6 and plans on converting to ITS ( maybe after 2006 ).. I cant wait to see how this car does in ITS with the now neutered e36... If we could get a SIR on the RX7 these VW's could be front runners !!!

dj10
03-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I cant wait to see how this car does in ITS with the now neutered e36... If we could get a SIR on the RX7 !!!
[/b]

Now I'll sleep soundly without having to count lapping 325s.

Man it's a good thing your in Ct. Which btw isn't CT. someones farm? :D

If your going to go to Watkins Glen please let me know. I'd like to be on the track with you in my neutered BMW. B)

I wanted to make sure everyone saw the remark about putting SIR's on the RX7's. :D I'm sure there are different degrees of nutering. hehe

Andy Bettencourt
03-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Sure, let's put SIR's on every car exept the one Fred drives. Then everything will be fair. :015:

It's all about the numbers. If you take a look, the VR6 cars SHOULD be VERY fast. Can't wait to see the Bildon Corrado at Pocono this year.

dj10
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Sure, let's put SIR's on every car exept the one Fred drives. Then everything will be fair. :015:

It's all about the numbers. If you take a look, the VR6 cars SHOULD be VERY fast. Can't wait to see the Bildon Corrado at Pocono this year.
[/b]

AB, Bildon is a friend, I wonder if he is going, would be a fun weekend since I haven't race Pocono since the 70's on my TZ250 :D

seckerich
03-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Bill is still recovering from "325is Overdog Syndrom" and see's evil in all Mazda's!! :wacko: How many races did you actually run a 325 in to base your opinion?? Just could not pass this one up. :P

Bildon
03-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Bill is still recovering from "325is Overdog Syndrom" and see's evil in all Mazda's!! :wacko: How many races did you actually run a 325 in to base your opinion?? Just could not pass this one up. :P
[/b]

No. Bill is recovering from 2 welded crankshafts due to poor oil cooler adapter design :mad1:
Now if I can just get Kolbenschmidt to actually import something into this country I'll be at Pocono.
:eclipsee_steering:

If time becomes an issue I'll jst run old faithful. The ITB Golf is "money" :P

http://www.bildon.com/racing/races/Results/images/Pocono05/Pocono05_01.jpg

Andy Bettencourt
03-11-2006, 04:43 PM
When we were at Pocono last year, Bill had the car out but it had some problems so he had to be satisfied with a double win and a track record for the ITB car. I really hope to see that rig this year.

We won't have any ITS cars there this year - Nick's car is sold. Just my new ITA Miata and maybe some SM's...

The guy who bought Nick's car MAY come but being Mother's Day weekend and all..........

AB

Bildon
03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
To be fair ...that was Don who drove the 8v to his dbl victories and track record. However if I had had my Golf there :D

Fastfred92
03-13-2006, 01:07 PM

[/b]

Andy
To be perfectly honest I would be ok with SIR on every car, they seem to work so well we should all join in the fun !!!!

Rabbit05
03-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Bill,
Is that the problem with the VR6,a design problem or just an oil cooler mishap? I remeber when Brian Blizzard had problems keeping the motor together, and I thought it was beleived to be an oil cooler issue. But i am not entirely sure. Just wondering , I always thought of putting a GTI together for ITS and the VR6 just sounds awesome. :023: I would love to see a R32 run its paces in ITS although no AWD allowed in IT right ?

JohnVanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Andy Bettencourt
03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Bill,
Is that the problem with the VR6,a design problem or just an oil cooler mishap? I remeber when Brian Blizzard had problems keeping the motor together, and I thought it was beleived to be an oil cooler issue. But i am not entirely sure. Just wondering , I always thought of putting a GTI together for ITS and the VR6 just sounds awesome. :023: I would love to see a R32 run its paces in ITS although no AWD allowed in IT right ?

JohnVanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05 [/b]

And about 50 too many horsepower!

Bildon
03-14-2006, 07:30 PM
No it was not a VW design flaw.
VR6's are running around in millions of Golfs and Jettas with no oiling issues. (unless you bounce the aluminm oil pan off a speed bump) :o

It's an issue with the adapter I choose and the oil cooler setup. Lessons learned the hard way.
Kinda like Villeneuve's BMW last weekend :bash_1_:

The engine in the SSA car ran for many many years with no issues.

The R32 would be an ITE car. :015: So you would be running alone except for every 3rd lap when the local 944 Turbo driver flew past. whoooosh! :wacko:

Rabbit05
03-16-2006, 09:59 AM
The R32 would be an ITE car. So you would be running alone except for every 3rd lap when the local 944 Turbo driver flew past. whoooosh!

Correct me if I am wrong , but I thought VW made a turbo R32? :happy204:

But yeah ITE is kinda funny, me and the team were thinking of finding a Dirt car and run it in ITE...

....and ,no were weren't going to wash the dirt off either...

Well ,good luck with the Corrado. You guys going to come up to the Glen ? I would love to see the car, just from the pics, it looks awesome !

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Eric Parham
03-31-2006, 05:52 PM
You gonna run ITS this year?

AB
[/b]

Decided to put the ITS VR6 car off until '07. Reasoning: I'm probably a bit rusty since I raced little last year and then completely missed ice racing due to new baby. Don't want to develop new car until the nut behind the wheel is up to snuff. I'll be back in a Scirocco again this year, most likely in ITC (although now B looks appealing with that weight correction). New sponsor lighting fire for very full season :happy204:

Bildon
04-08-2006, 10:49 AM
>>> You guys going to come up to the Glen ?

Always. The Glen is "home"