PDA

View Full Version : Racing Music

RSTPerformance
03-07-2006, 01:10 AM
A few weeks ago I created a "music player" for our website (www.rstperformance.com) to play racing related songs that people could enjoy listening to while viewing our website for some added enjoyment (not that the content isn't amusing enough).

Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." I wanted to add more songs, enough so that people could actually just open the site, and shrink it and just listen to music while doing onther things on the computer.... can any of you help me make a list of racing and/or car related songs to put into the "mix."

I would be glad to share the flash file when I have a decent amount of songs to be played.

thanks for any help;

Raymond

zracre
03-07-2006, 01:52 AM
I think it would be cool to have a IT videos page like specmiatavideos.com cool music to our silly races!

USGUYS
03-07-2006, 02:55 AM
:wacko: I want to listen to the Techno song but my AOL and windows won't let me load your web site because it can not verify the author.
The theme from Grand Prix might be appropriate for your site.

JLawton
03-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." Raymond
[/b]

Note to self: When at work, turn volume down on computer before going to the RSTP website!! i think half the building heard the music!! :lol:

Crash, Gwen Stephani

lateapex911
03-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Whats that old george Thorogood (How the H do you spell his name?) song a bout driving that old black whatever and being chased by the cops?

Sammy Hagar has the famous "I can't drive....Fifty FIVE!" song...

turboICE
03-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Cake - The Distance

Edit: note to self it helps to read more than the title before posting...

PS - I like VanHalen - Panama when I am at the track, whether racing related or not.

RSTPerformance
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Thank you so far!!! Still want more :) I will wait to update the site for a week or so when I get a few more suggestions/requests!!!

:035: Raymond

PS: USGUYS- I am not sure how to get AOL to "verify" the Author??? I will work on it, but can't guarentee that I could fix it :(

Conover
03-07-2006, 08:08 PM
How about "Stroker Ace" I think it's David allen coe, or something.

lateapex911
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Just thought of one...it's really old, and drag oriented...""409" by the Beach Boys..just to shake things up a bit.

ITS5GB
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Whiplash...Metallica
Are you gonna go my way...Lenni Kravitz
Cake...The Distance(already mentioned but a for sure)
And for you greatest crash segments...It's the end of the world...REM
Jerry was a race car Driver..not sure of the artist
I made a nice DVD using Movie Maker on my Windows xp. Used all those songs. Ended up with a greatest hits movie that's 18 minutes long that doesn't bore my non-racing freinds and family :035:

Edwin Robinson
03-07-2006, 09:21 PM
A few weeks ago I created a "music player" for our website (www.rstperformance.com) to play racing related songs that people could enjoy listening to while viewing our website for some added enjoyment (not that the content isn't amusing enough).

Currently I have 1 "techno song" created using f1 engine sounds on our into page, then once you have entered the site you can listen to 3 different songs by the arist "Cake." I wanted to add more songs, enough so that people could actually just open the site, and shrink it and just listen to music while doing onther things on the computer.... can any of you help me make a list of racing and/or car related songs to put into the "mix."

I would be glad to share the flash file when I have a decent amount of songs to be played.

thanks for any help;

Raymond
[/b]

AC/DC - "Highway to Hell"

~E.

Geo
03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Just thought of one...it's really old, and drag oriented...""409" by the Beach Boys..just to shake things up a bit.
[/b]

Yeah as an official old fart, that came to mind as well. Lots of good car songs from the 60s. I think "Little GTO" would be good. Even better, if you can find it (perhaps the VW guys can help) would be a recording of "Kleine GTi" from a VW commercial around the time you boys were born! It was in German to the tune of Little GTO. BTW, for those who don't know any German, "kleine" is German for little.

Oh, and it was supposedly written by "Fritz and the Autobahn Commandos." :)

64oeg
03-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Radar Love-by Golden Earing. Not actually racing per say, but it is about driving a car, and always gets my feet tapping.

George H

joeg
03-08-2006, 08:40 AM
"I Met My Baby in the Porta-John Line" (by Nothing Fancy)

dickita15
03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
wow more old guys like me on this thread that I would have thought.
I will second radar love, plus steppenwolf born to be wild and meat loaf bat out of hell.

I was once at a solo one where a gut in a mgb blasted bagpipe music in his car during his timed runs. :lol:

gsbaker
03-08-2006, 10:38 AM
"Little Deuce Coupe", by the Beach Boys. How's that for old? Or, to go back even further, the Jan & Dean collection: "Little Old Lady from Pasadena", "Drag City", and the always popular "Dead Man's Curve."

tderonne
03-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Black Sunshine - White Zombie
Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry (Supposesdly there were "Jesus Built My Hotrod" quarts of oil as promos, never saw one though.)

Edit.

A little googling found a quart of oil, $50. Yikes.
And this review of the Jesus Built My Hotrod single CD:

A pure shot of adrenaline... With vocals so fuzzy and incoherent that they sound like they are sung over a cheap CB radio, this song is all 1960s NASCAR. It's all about speed; the raw unadulturated power of a V8 set to music. Listening to this song while behind the wheel is a transcendental experience. As the pounding "DadaDOOMP DadaDOOMP..." of the drums drive forward, the foot cannot resist the accelerator. Soon the engine, the dashed centerline of the highway, and the spedometer needle smacking against the maximum speed peg all come into sync with the music. The driver becomes immersed in the task of driving, attuned to every aspect of his engine, and then becomes one with his engine. Man is machine, and machine is man. Jesus Built my Hotrod.

I have to go dig out the CD....

JamesB
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
I am big in to techno, breakbeat and drum and bass, so most of my music is fast enough paced that unless the vocals are off they all sound good to me when I compile video.

CDS
03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Another oldie: "Hot Rod Lincoln"

lateapex911
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Just please, no matter what you do, do NOT use Queens "We are the champions"...the most over used and self serving song known to man...I beg you!

dickita15
03-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Just please, no matter what you do, do NOT use Queens "We are the champions"...the most over used and self serving song known to man...I beg you!
[/b]
well I am a pretty big queen fan so how about "Another one bites the dust"

RSTPerformance
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Jake-

Lol, good one... We will have to use that one once the NARRC season is over and again after the ARRC is done!!! :cavallo:

thanks everyone, the list keeps growing :) I am wondering how all these songs will mix together for the website!!! :unsure: lol

Raymond

lateapex911
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
well I am a pretty big queen fan ........
[/b]

Suddenly, it all became clear.....

;)

dickita15
03-08-2006, 03:33 PM
that sure went ugly fast :(

Jiveslug
03-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Dude, I hate to say it, but IT.com often = ugly

ANYway, here are my suggestions, some of which have been made here already:

Jerry Was a Racecar Driver – Primus
Crash – Gwen Seffani
Land of Racecar Ya Ya’s – Cake
Going the Distance – Cake
Speed Racer Techno Remix – Unknown
Hey Pretty – Poe
Greased Lightning – Grease Movie Soundtrack
Runnin’ Down a Dream – Tom Petty
Cars – Paul Neuman

Not sure what else tho…

:035:

David Ferguson
03-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Here are a few eclectic choices that haven't been mentioned:

Saldo Kreek - Race Cars
Montgomery Gentry - Speed
Mark Knopfler - Speedway At Nazareth
Elvis Presley - Speedway
Thom Beckman - Trouble At the Speedway

byron12
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
going the distance by cake

lateapex911
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Dude, I hate to say it, but IT.com often = ugly

[/b]

Just so you guys know, Dicks a pal and often dishes it out as well...my comment was of course in jest.

How about Dave Matthews "Crash"...while not about racing a section would be cool.

Dave Burchfield
03-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey Gregg.........believe it or not, I won an XBOX last year at a workers party because I was the only one there who could sing "Little Deuce Coupe"! Did I feel OLD! But I got the XBOX sooo........

If you are looking for some super high energy rock n roll, then see if you can find a CD by the group Chase. I played in a band that opened for them a number of times. The first cut titled "Open Up Wide" is one of those numbers that you want on your Ipod that is tucked in your driving suit when you head out for qualifying.

There are any number of instrumental tracks that come to mind for this, but that's the first and hottest one.

db

Catch22
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Ahhh... Right in my wheelhouse.

Jerry was a racecar driver - Primus
Just one Fix - Ministry
The Enemy - Sevendust
Siva - Smashing Pumpkins ("Tell me tell me what you're after, I just wanna get there faster")
Dragula - Rob Zombie
RPM - Sugar Ray
Born to be Wild - The Cult (and please don't be an old fart and tell me about Steppenwolf... I know already :rolleyes: )

Dave Zaslow
03-09-2006, 06:56 AM
From another old fart:

Sprints

The Doors "Roadhouse Blues";

Enduros

The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated"

Dave Z

Despr8dave
03-09-2006, 08:32 AM
At the risk of being called an old fart, even if I am one, I'll just quietly place my "Sounds of Daytona Speedway" ALBUM , curca 1957, back in the rack..........engines racing, gear shifting etc. has always been music to me. These are sportscars sounds, not stockcar! By the way, what is an "Audio Fidelity Stereo Disc"?

David
Sunny and Warm Florida

Wreckerboy
03-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Revealing my 16 year old's musical tastes -

VH - with Dave, not Sammy
Twisted Sister Live
Beatles - Abbey Road medly

gsbaker
03-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Gregg.........believe it or not, I won an XBOX last year at a workers party because I was the only one there who could sing "Little Deuce Coupe"! Did I feel OLD! But I got the XBOX sooo........[/b]

"...you don't know what I got." :)

Raymond,

Try this (http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/display/sounds.cfm?sound_group_iid=42&CFID=2137767&CFTOKEN=15794877).

Also, some catalog companies sell various CDs of racing sounds.

evanwebb
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
"Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody

"Trampled Under Foot" Led Zeppelin

Not about a car but very heavy and fast: first song (can't remember the name) on the CD "Welcome to Sky Valley" by Kyuss.

RacerBill
03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
OK Ray!

Thunder road - the Robert Mitchum version NOT Bruce Springsteen!

Ray Paterson - Tell Laura I Love Her

Take that youngsters!!!!!

Despr8dave
03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Thunder Road!!!....oh my gosh!! one of my favorites in my yute! and Robert Mitchem actually sang the song!
...let me tell the story I can tell it all.............Thunder was his motor and white lightning was his load....man am I gettin old.

Spring little Cobra
Little ole Lady from Pasadena
Dead Man's Curve

ahhhhh Satalite radio is awesome

David

DavidM
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Gotta add my votes for "Jerry was a race car driver" (Primus), "Black Sunshine" (White Zombie), and "Jesus built my hotrod" (Ministry). Those are awesome car songs.

In the H&N restraint category along with "Whiplash" (Metallica) I have to add "Snap your fingers, snap your neck" (Prong)

Anything with a hard driving beat is good driving music. Anything by Slayer works good. If you're not going faster when you listen to Slayer then you're either deaf or dead. Just about any White Zombie song is good too. :035:

Slow music puts me to sleep. :015:

David

gran racing
03-09-2006, 08:45 PM
and again after the ARRC is done!!![/b]

Dude, that is so cool of you to host pictures of my car! And I thought I'd have to create my own web site? Thank Ray.

Dave "almost never talks smack, but hey, it's Raymond!" Gran

I was listening to my Sirius and heard a song named "Student Driver." The lyrics would so fit an SCCA drivers school.

Catch22
03-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Not about a car but very heavy and fast: first song (can't remember the name) on the CD "Welcome to Sky Valley" by Kyuss.
[/b]

Damn Webb. Kyuss?
Reached back and pulled one out of your ass didn't ya?

Don't tell me you like Clutch too.
Or Helmet.

BTW, that song is "Gardenia."

Bill Miller
03-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Can't believe no one has mentioned Red Barchetta by Rush or Machinehead by Bush. And there's always Bitchin' Camaro by the Suicidal Tendencies.

Catch22
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Bitchin' Camaro by the Suicidal Tendencies.
[/b]

I think that was actually The Dead Milkmen.
B)

Russ Myers
03-10-2006, 06:23 PM
"Rapid Roy, That Stock Car Boy".....Jim Croce
"Foggy Mountain Breakdown".... Flat&Scruggs
"Autobahn"....Kraftwerk.
3rd movement, Piano Concerto #21....W.A. Mozart

Russ Myers

Bill Miller
03-11-2006, 01:50 PM
I think that was actually The Dead Milkmen.
B)
[/b]

Yep, you're right. What's that line about remembering stuff and not really being there? :birra:

pgipson
03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Life in the fast lane -- Eagles

moto62
03-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Creedence Clearwater- Bad Moon Rising and Lookin' out my backdoor.
Molly Hatchet- Flirtin' with disaster.

Not songs about driving but great songs when you are driving. Should work nicely with some video. :035:

mlytle
03-12-2006, 02:01 PM
dang, three pages and this one hasn't been mentioned yet...

deep purple - highway star.

yup, another old fart.....seem like a lot of us here! :023:

gsbaker
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
...Molly Hatchet- Flirtin' with disaster.

Not songs about driving...[/b]
It is in my case, Ray Lee. I'm so bad that corner workers usually petition the Steward of the Meet to require that I only drive cars equipped with a horn, so they can be warned of my impending arrival. :)

03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Here's a few nobody mentioned, :035:

"Falls Apart" by the Odds (Canadian, mid '90 band)

The First two tracks on the first Ambulance LTD album (showing my age?)
"Yoga Means Union" a very cool instrumental that sounds like a driving song followed by "Primative"

Also, possibly one of the best is "Drive Somewhere" from the Vulgar Boatmen's first album.

Let me know if you want me to burn these for you...maybe you can send them back with the others you've put together.

Steve
[email protected]

7racing
03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
I gotta add my votes for:

Dragula - Rob Zombie
Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry
Jerry Was a Racecar Driver - Primus
Kick Start my Heart - Motley Crue

If you can find it, Behind The Wheel/Route 66 club mix - Depeche Mode (though mixed by some eurotrash DJ).

Jeremy

Anubis
03-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Thine Eyes Bleed- Cold Victim
Show No Mercy- Slayer
Run Like Hell- Kittie

Bill Miller
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Can't believe I missed this one!

Slow Ride by Foghat!!! :D

charrbq
03-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf

for the competition

Spinout by Elvis Pressley :cavallo:

Dave Burchfield
03-18-2006, 11:01 PM
What about "Baby You Can Drive My Car"?

and for Gregg.......beep-beep......beep-beep.....YEAH!!!!

Bill Miller
03-19-2006, 09:15 AM
What about "Baby You Can Drive My Car"?

and for Gregg.......beep-beep......beep-beep.....YEAH!!!!
[/b]

LOL!! Debbie and I were just listening to Rubber Soul over breakfast this morning!

Russ Myers
03-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Foghat sucks, and "Slow Ride" really stinks.

Russ

RSTPerformance
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, a summary of all the suggested songs.... wow a lot!!!

If you notice any errors please correct so I can find them easier!!! Also feel free to vote on your "top 10" as I don't think I can have 60+ songs on the website without it totaly freezing up!!! My goal was about 15-20 tops. :unsure:

Raymond

Song Name -- Group Name
Highway to Hell -- AC/DC
Primative Ambulance -- LTD
Yoga means union -- Ambulance LTD
409 -- Beach Boys
Little Deuce Coupe -- Beach Boys
Abbey Road -- Beatles
Machinehead -- Bush
Going the Distance -- Cake
Race Car Ya-Ya -- Cake
Stickshifts and safetybelts -- Cake
Paul Neuman -- Cars
Open Up Wide Chase
Thine Eyes Bleed -- Cold Victim
Hot Rod Lincoln -- Commander Cody
Bad moon Rising and Looking out my back door -- Creedence Clearwater
Crash -- Dave Mathews
Stroker Ace -- David Allen Coe
Bitchin Camaro -- Dead Milkmen
Highway star -- Deep purple
Behind The Wheel/Route 66 club mix -- Depeche Mode
Life in the Fast Lane -- Eagles
Speedway -- Elvis Presley
Spinout -- Elvis Presley
Foggy Mountain Breakdown -- Flat & Scruggs
Slow ride -- Foghat
song a bout driving that old black whatever and being chased by the cops -- George Thorogood
Radar Love -- Golden Earing
Crash -- Gwen Stephani
Dead mans Curve -- Jan & Dean
Drag City -- Jan & Dean
Little Old Lady from Pasadena -- Jan & Dean
Rapid Roy, That Stock Car Boy -- Jim Croce
Run Like hell -- Kittie
Autobahn -- Kraftwerk
Clutch too -- Kyuss
Damn Webb -- Kyuss
Gardenia -- Kyuss
Helmet -- Kyuss
Trampled under foot -- Led Zeppelin
Are you gonna go my way -- Lenni Kravits
Speedway at Nazareth -- Mark Knopfler
Bat out of Hell -- Meat Loaf
Whiplash -- Metallica
Jesus Built my Hotrod -- Ministry
Just one Fix -- Ministy
Flirtin with disaster -- Molly Hatchet
Speed -- Montgomery Gentry
Kick Start my heart -- Motley Crue
I met my baby in the Porta-John Line -- Nothing Fancy
Falls Apart -- Odds
Hey Pretty -- Poe
Jerry was a Racecar Driver -- Primus
Snap your Fingers Snap your neck -- Prong
Another one bites the dust -- Queen
We are the Champions -- Queen
Tell Laura I love her -- Ray Paterson
It's the end of the world -- REM
Dragula -- Rob Zombie
Thunder Road -- Robert Mitchum
Red Barchetta -- Rush
Race Cars -- Saldo Kreek
I can't drive 55 -- Sammy Hagar
The Enemy -- Sevendust
Show no mercy -- Slayer
Siva -- Smashing Pumpkins
Born to be Wild -- Steppenwolf
RPM -- Sugar Ray
Born to be Wild -- The Cult
Roadhouse Blues -- The Doors
I wanna Be Sedated -- The Ramones
Trouble at the Speedway -- Thom Beckman
Runnin' Down a Dream -- Tom Petty
Panama -- Van Halen
Drive somewhere -- Vulgar boatmen's
3rd Movement, Piano Concerto # 21 -- W.A. Mozart
Black Sunshine -- White Zombie
VH -- With Dave, not Sammy???
baby you can drive my car -- ?
beep-beep…beep-beep… yeah??? -- Rubber Soul
Greased Lightning -- Grease Movie Soundtrack
Hot Rod Lincoln -- ?
Kleine GTi -- VW commercial Fritz and the Autobahn Commandos
Little GTO -- ?
Spring Little Cobra -- ?
Student Driver -- ?
Twisted Sister Live -- ?
? -- Theme from Grand Prix
Speed Racer Techno Remix -- ?

gsbaker
03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Little GTO is by Ronnie & the Daytonas. For Dave B.:"...You oughta see her on a road course or a quarter mile..." :)

And I think it's Hey Little Cobra by the Ripcords.

Yup, that old.

Blix
03-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry...specifically the Redline/White Line mix

Awesome

ggnagy
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Yello - The Race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmYSaTX248&search=Yello%20%20%20The%20Race)

If You are going to use Queen songs,
"I'm in love with my Car" or
"Ride the Wildwind"
are the two car/racing themed ones.

"beep beep" - The Playmates
"Sparkplug" - The Radiators

And finally, I would think that for anyone who skied in the 80's, "Eruption" by VH would be good warm-up/qualifying music.

:035:

spnkzss
03-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Metallica - Reload - Fixxxer No one knows about it, but badass song.
Metallica - Reload - Fuel "Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire."

Anything by Rob/White Zombie

I was actually driving my wifes car around the track on a lunch pace lap, BLAIRING White Zombie Electric Head and all of a sudden the nose of the car dove. She had this car for 2 weeks by this time and my first thought was I blew it up. Then I realized I was at 7Grand in Second. I just happened to be on the rev limiter :bash_1_:

LOL

Anubis
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
If were goin Metallica gotta go old school... thought of one that I don't think has been mentioned: Damage, Inc.

Russ Myers
03-23-2006, 07:10 PM
"Cars" is performed by GARY Newman, not Paul. Paul acts, he don't sing.
"It's the only way to live, in cars."

Russ

tderonne
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
If any REM song should make the list it would be "Drive" or "Driver Eight", no?

That Depeche Mode Route 66 mix is a good one, glad someone else knew of it...

DavidM
03-24-2006, 06:27 PM
"Cars" is performed by GARY Newman, not Paul. Paul acts, he don't sing.
"It's the only way to live, in cars."

Russ
[/b]

Heard a cover of this on XM-Squizz the other day. Think it was by Fear Factory. I could get into that.

David

MarkL
03-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Johnny Cash---"I Got It One Piece At A Time..." :035:

charrbq
03-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Flight of the Bumble Bee

Theme from "Zorba, the Greek"

Bill Miller
03-26-2006, 11:09 AM
If any REM song should make the list it would be "Drive" or "Driver Eight", no?

That Depeche Mode Route 66 mix is a good one, glad someone else knew of it...
[/b]

Yeah Tim, can't believe I missed Driver Eight. Another one I would add is "Interstate Lovesong" by STP.

And one of my favorite driving CDs is the original Box of Frogs album (let's see how many people know that one)

AntonioGG
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
4 pages and no ZZ Top suggested yet? Any of their old stuff.

Despr8dave
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
4 pages and no ZZ Top suggested yet? Any of their old stuff.
[/b]

Not enough of us old f**ts here. Maybe we should start our own IT class......ITAntique?
ITAncient? ITGeritol.....and da list goes on.

wha whaaaa.............little GTO.....

David
ITGottagetanothercar

charrbq
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Thought about ZZ Top, but all that came to mind was "Legs" and "Sharp Dressed Man"...great songs, but not driving music. I don't have anything from the early years.

"Jessica" by the Allman Brothers

AntonioGG
03-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I guess I was never clear about whether this thread was about great songs to drive to, or great songs about driving. Some songs about driving/cars I wouldn't want to drive to....too slow!

Jiveslug
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Woops, my bad about Gary Neuman. What do you want, Im a racing fan and Paul Newman races. :-p

Oh, and NO ONE has mentioned Low Rider by War??

Raymond, Baby You Can Drive My Car is by the Beatles. That "Beep beep beep beep YEAH!" thing is a lyric from the song, not a song in itself. I may not be 30 yet, but my mother was a hippie reject. hehe.

RSTPerformance
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah still working on downloading songs... or getting the girlfriend to do it for me...

anyway came across this website today while working on work stuff... might be of interest for music, also lots of other Road Trip info that you might find handy :)

http://www.roadtripamerica.com/music/roadtunes.htm

Raymond

gsbaker
03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Thought about ZZ Top, but all that came to mind was "Legs" and "Sharp Dressed Man"...great songs, but not driving music...[/b]
On the track: "Got Me Under Pressure", though the lyrics have nothing to do with cars. ;)
On the road to/from the track: "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide".

That's your queue for lyrics DB! :035: :lol:

RacerBill
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
'RIde of the Valkyrie' from Apocalypse Now, or any other good performance

ggnagy
03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
'RIde of the Valkyrie' from Apocalypse Now, or any other good performance
[/b]

You mean like the performance by Mr E Fudd? or the song where Mr O Osbourne parodies him.

perfect for non-vw drivers. B)

Phat-S
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
in terms of sound/momentum/cadence, I would think there are a slew of good Paul Okenfold's stuff from a half dozen years ago, Hybrid and the whole surf-esque progressive music from the Police's early (French named) albums (sort of take your pick - I am partial to "No Time This Time") - to bands like JFA and Agent Orange.

If you could just ditch the lyrics altogether, I'd say The Connells "Scotty's Lament" and several songs off The Smiths "The Smiths" and "Hatful of Hallow" - just mute the lyrics ;)

But for really getting _that_ sound, I think it begins and ends w/ John Lee Hooker's "Shake It Baby" and Drivin' n' Cryin' "Scarred But Smarter" -- and if you've run a CRX into a wall, both songs are probably as apt lyrically as musically LOL

Driver 8? Bitchin' Camaro?? Man, you guys have a much different concept of racing music than me LOL

Half of Bitchin' Camaro was spoken word, stuff about "my folks driving the car up from the Bahamas" - "you're kidding?" - "Of-course I am, the Bahamas are islands " ... that's not giving me that momentum visual on the race track.

"Driver 8 take a break, you've been on this shift too long" ?? - sounds like "Pit Crew for the 24hr Music" thread

Now if you insist on REM and Dead Milkmen, I'd propose "Carnival Of Sorts (Box Cars)" (does REM admit to making Chronic Town, Murmur, Fables and Reckoning anymore? :) ) for the former and uhm .... hell, even Big Lizard doesn't quite get it ... "Filet of Sole" maybe??

Chris Wire
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Still unclear as to the intent of the search. Is it for great "driving songs" or great "car" songs, or great "driving songs about cars"?

Bill M. got the top of my list with "Red Barchetta" by Rush (I routinely change the words in my head to Red Carrera. :D

Other "driving" songs although with little racing relevance:

New World Man - Rush
YYZ - Rush
Between the Wheels - Rush
Afterimage - Rush
Smokin' - Boston
All The Way - Triumph
Dreams - Van Halen
Girl Gone Bad - Van Halen
Judgement Day - Van Halen

I'm sure I could come up with plenty of others, but that's a pretty good start.

Foot tapping music for sure, speeding ticket music at worst, always works for me!

charrbq
04-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Shoot, just about any of the cuts from "The Dukes of Hazzard Movie". Not Oscar material, but the soundtrack kicks. Got some good stuff on it. The weak point is Jessica Simpson trying to do Nancy Sinatra. Something about the suggestion of sex being more erotic than the display of sex. :o

Tom Donnelly
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Ok, here's some more...

Green Onions - Booker T and the MG's (from the drag race in American Grafitti)
Move me on down the Line - ZZ-Top (racing song)
Born to Run - Bruce Springstein
Break on Through - The Doors (not really a car song but fun to drive to)
Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck
Born to Raise Hell - Motorhead (not really a car song but fun to drive to)
Anthem - Rush (not really a car song but fun to drive to)
2112 - Rush (not really a car song but fun to drive to)
You Want to Race? - ZZ Top

m glassburner
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok...ZZ top....manic machanic(you want to race), Arrested for driving while blind, I wanna drive you home, master of sparks, she loves my automobile, And another by Molly Hatchet...Beating the odds, The sound track from Gran Tourismo :happy204:

turboICE
05-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Haven't seen it listed:

Animals - Nickelback

Can we get an updated list? :035:

The sound track from Gran Tourismo :happy204:
[/b]
Which one? Or all of them? :)

RSTPerformance
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
After Pocono this weekend and next weeks (Monday & Tuesday) Audi Driving Experience school at NHIS I will post an updated list... would do now but a bit busy :(

Raymond