PDA

View Full Version : Moroso March 24-26

zracre
03-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Looking to see who will be there! Steve S? Marc? Paul?

Russell
03-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I should be there. The first race of the season for the IMT SE-R. Unfortunately it is looking like my Koni setup won't be ready in time. But since my engineers wont be able to be there to help tune, that might not be a terribly bad thing. I will have my NISMO LSD in though, that should help put the power down. :happy204:

Russell McMullan
Orlando, Fl
ITA SE-R #62

flaboy
03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll be there with my slow ass itc rabitt...but am really looking forward to it!!

can't wait

steve s
03-06-2006, 08:13 PM
you know i'll be there.i hope they don't put me in another group as sebring. it's good winning overall in a race .but i prefer the competetion with you guys .also i want to see if losing 100# brings me closer to you guys in ITA. B)

zracre
03-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Cool! you were flying at Sebring! The entry shows us in the same class...Sebring short seems to have a smaller allowed amount of cars out there i dont think we will have the same problem at moroso.

Richy Gonzalez
03-07-2006, 06:36 PM
A couple of the cars from Central Florida that I know are going down...

Me - ITA Civic SI ...as long as I have a motor and good brakes :)
Dave Junkins - ITA CRX
Dave Raymond - ITS Civic
Scott Seck - ITS Integra

Also, what a good and cheap hotel to stay at down there?

zracre
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Cool! GO HONDA!! I dont know about hotels, I live 1 hour from the track so i sleep at home for this one. there is a hotel at PGA and 95 that i used to stay at (holiday inn?) that was good and has SCCA rates.

Richy Gonzalez
03-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Okay. I've call Red Roof Inn, Holiday Inn, Marriott, Fairfield and Days Inn ... they are all at least $130 a night. Is there anywhere I can stay for cheaper? ...Hell, I'm considering sleeping in the enclose trailer to save almost $300 dollars.

steve s
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
i'm staying at inns of america ask for the scca rate as most workers stay there.i'm paying 89.90 a night.if you can't get the same rate let me know and i'll try to book under my reservation.

oops you may need this tel. 561-626-4918.

Richy Gonzalez
03-11-2006, 07:25 PM
i'm staying at inns of america ask for the scca rate as most workers stay there.i'm paying 89.90 a night.if you can't get the same rate let me know and i'll try to book under my reservation.

oops you may need this tel. 561-626-4918.
[/b]

Just tried. They have rooms just none at the SCCA rate. Thanks though.

Richy Gonzalez
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Apperantly, there is a Jazz festival going on that weekend too. So, hotels are either full or charging $139 or up. ...I'll be camping wacko.gif

Richy Gonzalez
03-13-2006, 10:54 AM
**Breaking News**
The other half of GBRacing has announced his entry into the Morso Double SARRC. Ray Gonzalez, Spec Miata #23 will be there :eclipsee_steering:

steve s
03-27-2006, 10:15 AM
great weekend was had by all ????????? too many novice drivers and some old drivers way too anxious to go racing. too many accidents.
evan good to hear everything worked out for you with the car and the protest.

Richy Gonzalez
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Can't say it was a good weekend for the Honda camp from Orlando. Scott Seck ITS GSR broke a front shock and went home early. Dave Raymond chased a miss fire with his ITS Civic SI and couldn't complete a session. Me, well had no brakes, then too much brake (brakes seazed up on lap one on Saturday), low pedal on Sunday morning to too much pedal on Sundays race but at least it didn't stop the car. So a combination of no brakes to too much and then motor not having any power (no VTEC), it kinda sucked. But it's a new car and will be up to speed soon enough ... I hope :)

zracre
03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks Steve...The car was ok...not 100%...my tires were toast by lap 3 so I just pedaled around for the rest of the race with no hope of catching mike. The wreck on sat really tore up my car. oh well thats racing. I was happy to protest someone for the first time and it worked out great! This guy was driving worse than anyone I have ever seen on the track! He almost put me into the S/F station with a big jerk to the right into my left front fender bending my steering rack, squeezed another ITS car into the grass in 2 then almost spun causing the big one...I really dont like seeing cars flip in front of me and since the thing was pretty much stuck there I got out to help the poor guy out of the wreck. After the dust settled and i ran back to pit road to confront him he said he never even touched me!!! My first reaction was to punch him in the face but I was already on pit road making a scene (and he was wearing a helmet) so I did the right thing and filed against him! We had enough witnesses to his poor driving for action to be taken. It was very easy. I also found out he has done this many times in the past...just how many times can someone wreck other peoples cars before they lose their license?

flaboy
03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
i had all kinds of problems this weekend as well..sat. practice and qualifying broke a throttle on 3rd lap in my itc rabbit.
then sunday for the race the set screw for the butterflies fell out!! stuck throttle wide open going into turn 1(the turn past the front stretch kink)...scared the **** out of me!!

But it was still alot of fun had a great race with some other itc cars on saturday.

Tim
ITC #6

Chris Wire
03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
I was happy to protest someone for the first time and it worked out great! This guy was driving worse than anyone I have ever seen on the track! He almost put me into the S/F station with a big jerk to the right into my left front fender bending my steering rack, squeezed another ITS car into the grass in 2 then almost spun causing the big one...I really dont like seeing cars flip in front of me and since the thing was pretty much stuck there I got out to help the poor guy out of the wreck. After the dust settled and i ran back to pit road to confront him he said he never even touched me!!! [/b]

Care to share a name Evan? That sounds amazingly similar to my last trip to Moroso. Run off the track right before the starter's stand at the drop of the green, bent LF fender, cut tire and the driver totally denied it ever happened. He's a regular at Moroso as well. Hopefully it's the same guy and we don't have copycat idiots behind the wheel. :018:

Russell
03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear about the problems that were had by a few of you. At least everyone came out in one piece for the most part which is saying alot for the weekend especially Saturday. It seems like every group was a mess on Saturday. Sunday was much cleaner, thank goodness.

It was a beautifull weekend to be racing. Perfect weather, we will have to think back to it later this season when the afternoon thunder storms roll in on a 95* day!

I was happy to get my first podium finishes this weekend, 3rd in both races! But I still have a lot of work to do to get to the front. Mike was 5 seconds a lap faster! Holy cow that miata was fast! What can you expect from a race prep shop owner though.

I look forward to racing with all of you at Daytona in May.

Russell McMullan
#62 ITA Sentra SE-R

zracre
03-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Great job Russell!! Happy to see the SER on the podium!! There were many good people there and it only takes one to ruin the fun! Yes that Miata is sick! He had me by 1 1/2 seconds...my car is still ailing from the wreck with many bent bits...I thought I could pass him in the race on sunday (didnt make it past turn 2 on sat :bash_1_: ) but by lap 3 my tires were toast from the bad alignment and VERY loose ball joints on the used rack and LF corner from the salvage car...a little more work and that car will go to sleep until the ARRC...I want to start racing the GSR soon!!
Richy sorry abt the brake issue...i have run into that on other cars in the past...if you still have issues with it at your next race give me a shout and we can fix it up.

Richy Gonzalez
03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks Evan. I hope to get it all sorted out by Daytona. I'm probably going to try to get some dyno time and attend a test and tune roundy round night so I can "minimize" my issues next time out. I'm tire of not racing!

Also, congrats to both of you :happy204: I think we found the new class killer in that 1.8 Miata. Other than Daytona where you need legs, I can't think of what track here in the SouthEast where that car could be beat. Lets just hope that all the 1.8s stay in SM.

I know I've complained but it's like Russell said, at the end of the weekend, everyone was okay. That makes it a good weekend. Amen to that!

flaboy
03-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Russell

Great looking car...glad to see you do so well at Moroso.