PDA

View Full Version : GCR 17.27

RacerBill
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
This post does not really fall under Tech - Engine or Tech Electronic, so I'm placing it here! :P

This years' addition to 17.27 requires that all terminals on the master switch be insulated. I could not find terminal boots that would fit in either Advanced Auto Parts or Auto Zone, so I installed the boots from Pegasus ($2.49 each). Installation took about 10 minutes and they look great. Did not even have to take the ends off the cable.

This takes care of the large terminals. The smaller terminals, I just wrapped with insulating tape.

latebrake
03-03-2006, 11:56 AM
This post does not really fall under Tech - Engine or Tech Electronic, so I'm placing it here! :P

This years' addition to 17.27 requires that all terminals on the master switch be insulated. I could not find terminal boots that would fit in either Advanced Auto Parts or Auto Zone, so I installed the boots from Pegasus ($2.49 each). Installation took about 10 minutes and they look great. Did not even have to take the ends off the cable.

This takes care of the large terminals. The smaller terminals, I just wrapped with insulating tape.
[/b]

Go to a wholesale plumbing supply house/store. Get the splice kit for well pumps. Lots of different types. You want the heat srink type with Goop of somekind inside the sleave. Last three days longer than a rock. Down side is it take three men and a boy to remove it,but it wont let water/gas get to the wires.

Lawrence

tom_sprecher
03-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Now I know why they made me tape up the E-switch terminals for my annual. I reck'n yer s'posed to read that danged ol' GCR e're now an' then. :rolleyes:

Knestis
03-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I used "Liquid Electrician's Tape" - the paint-on, black vinyl stuff.

K