PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Shop to Work on RX-7

gksears
03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I just relocated from Michigan and now live in Bristol, RI. I'll be running an ITA Mazda RX7 this year and I'm looking for a shop in the RI/MA/CT area that can install turn-in spacers and modify my rollcage to add Nascar bars. Any recommendations.

Thanks,
Greg

dazzlesa
03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Flatout motorsports, andy

[email protected]
508-878-2228

lateapex911
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Flatout hasn't done much work on 1st gens that I am aware of, but the turn in spacers are easy and the cage weldign is generic, and they are very fastidious, so they are a good option, although a bit of a tow.

Welcome to the area. Chris Howard would be another option for the cage work, but I am not sure if he is any closer.

Have you changed your region yet? The local SCCA New England Region magazine "Pittalk" has ads for prep shops in the region, so that might be a good resource too.

If you were closer to lower CT, there are options there as well.

dickita15
03-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Grant McStay in New Britain can do it for you. He quit his day job a month or so ago and is doing some of this type of work. He is an amazing fabricator. He built my struts and turn in spacers. I will PM his phome number.

glad to have another rx7 in new england. if there is anything you need feel free to contack me.

Patullo <at> verizon.net

83rx701
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Greg welcome to the NER. Grant McStay is the man. he helped me set up my 1g RX7. What A difference it made.

tom_sprecher
03-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, I&#39;m looking for a RX-7 to work on in my shop. What are turn in spacers and where in MI were ya from?

BTW, I don&#39;t mean to hijack this thread, just curious.

lateapex911
03-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Turn in spacers fit as part of the lower strut and change the cars Ackerman. G-Force (Jim Susko) has a set and an explanation on his site. Others sell them too. THere is discussion about the actual amount of offset from stock that is the best.

I had forgotten about Grants new biz...I actually thought his days weren&#39;t available yet. He&#39;s a great choice, fastidious, and makes his own spacers too. Knows his stuff and his way around a first gen. Nice a guy as you&#39;ll ever meet, and his prices to me have been "too" fair. And propably the closest for you to travel to.

Some great choices there.

Speed Raycer
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
For those that went "huh"....

fas·tid·i·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-std-s, f-)
adj.
Possessing or displaying careful, meticulous attention to detail.
Excessively scrupulous or sensitive, especially in matters of taste or propriety. See Synonyms at meticulous.

Good word!!!

dpc
03-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Grant, best of luck down your new road. You have what it takes. dave

gran racing
03-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Grant is doing that type of work now? Cool. Does he have a business phone or e-mail address you could post here for everyone to see?

I need to get a side bar added to my cage to do the evil NASA thing. Could you give me his contact info. as well (if you&#39;d prefer to keep his contact info. private).

lateapex911
03-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Dave, it will be, by far, the nicest part of your car! Except the Serra exhaust bits, LOL.

I doubt he would mind my posting his contact info, but just in case, lets do it over the phone.

Ever look under Grants car?? Clearly he doesn&#39;t spend his weekday nights bowling or swimming or in the local bar! Lots of neat widgets and sheilds and so on. And he&#39;s a stickler for the rules.

But be warned, I advised him to charge extra for those dark side cars.....good thing you&#39;re in B now. ;)

gran racing
03-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Dave, it will be, by far, the nicest part of your car! Except the Serra exhaust bits, LOL.[/b]

Yeah, I know. :( I really, really want a new tub to transplant the car into but choose to pursue the other project. Maybe next year?