PDA

View Full Version : Track Car Rental at Infineon?

02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

I'm scheduling a trip this fall out to Napa Valley around a track day (don't tell my wife and neighbors or they will think I'm a complete addict).

Anybody know anybody who rents suitable track cars close to Infineon Raceway?

Steve

Marcus Miller
02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
define suitable track car? Are you looking for a sporty rental car, or a purpose built HPDE / race car?

For a rental, SFO has all the avaialbel rental companies, I think its hertz that has v6 mustangs...

racer_tim
02-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Steve, here is a list of car rentals for San Francisco Region. I think that most of them would rent you a car for a "track" or test day @ Sears Point.

http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/driversc...hRentalCars.pdf (http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/driverschoolpacket/2006SchRentalCars.pdf)

My GP Wabbit is also available on that list.

What kind of car are you looking for? When is your track day? How much are you looking to spend?

E-mail if you want some additional information.

02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Suitable is anything with brakes good enough that they don't fade over the course of a day. I've never rented a car from Avis or whatever and taken it to a track, but I hear that people do it all the time.

I race an ITS prepped 2nd gen RX-7, and have a BMW M-Roadster that I put some race pads on when I go to the track. The Mazda is way more fun because of the stiff suspension (race rubber adds a lot). I also like being strapped in so I can focus on driving, not staying in the seat. Still, the roadster is a blast.

Any money I spend on the track day is money I will not spend on my normal race season or race related stuff, so less cost is better. I don't think I'd spend $600 a day on a Ferrari (based purely on the last time I had to rent a car in Vegas, I looked into it). Then again, I don't know what the going rates are except I could get into a Skippy RT-2000 for about $900 which includes rental of the car, track, and free advice from a number of instructors.

Is the Wabbit equiped with farfegneugen?

Steve

Marcus Miller
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Rental Mustangs work pretty well, but are hard on stock brakes.

If you want a good time on track, a race prepped car is the way to go.
When will you be coming and who's track day?

Marcus

lateapex911
02-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Maybe you can get a midweek deal on an F car!

You need to drive one ONCE in your life...

02-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Marcus,

The Golden Gate BMW club has a DE on the 4th and 5th of November. A race car would be cool, but right now I'm just trying to get things set up. Email me if you rent. Thanks.

Steve
ssmycz(at)execpc(dot)com