PDA

View Full Version : Reserving car number for new driver?

CDS
02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm planning to do the double school and regional in St. Louis in March, and then begin competing in MidDiv events in ITC. Should I go ahead and reserve a permanent car number now? On the MidDiv website it looks like the number currently on my car (11) is taken.

Speed Raycer
02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. Just bring some racer tape with you the same color as your # and the field it sits on. If you're cars # is 11, request 11, 14, 41, 17, 71 etc. when you fill out your entry form.... Odds are, that the racer that owns 11 might not even show up at the same event and you'll get #11

From a T&S perspective, make sure the #'s are nice and thick and readable from 30 yards away.

Drew Aldred
02-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Also, if you do have to use an alternate number make sure you remember to change it before going out for your first session. Otherwise you can expect a page over the PA asking you to come to T&S !! :018:

Never mind how I know this......................

CDS
02-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys. The nice thing about the number 11 is its easy to make several other numbers from it, so I won't worry about it for now.

Racer X
02-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Just to clarify- I was reading that numbers are not reserved for regional classes in the central division. Is this true? If so, I guess you request your number every time you are registering for a race?