PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for Moroso Double in March

Richy Gonzalez
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm planning on doing the Moroso Double March 25/26 but need to find a decent "cheap" hotel to stay at. I tried to find any hotel info on the SCCA Florida region website with no luck. I even looked at the Moroso website, but couldn't find anything either. Help?

titanium
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Here is the link on the Moroso site:
http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/Default.asp

Click on the "contact us and learn more" guage, then select the "hotel and camping" button.
I personally would stay away from the Super 8. It's not in the safest area.
There is also a Fairfield Inn in Jupiter on Indiantown Rd that's decent.

JARACING19
02-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm planning on doing the Moroso Double March 25/26 but need to find a decent "cheap" hotel to stay at. I tried to find any hotel info on the SCCA Florida region website with no luck. I even looked at the Moroso website, but couldn't find anything either. Help?
[/b]
HEY RICHI YOU NEED TO COME TRY YOU NEW CAR . THERES A BUNCH OF HOTELS HERE CLOSE TO I-95

Mattberg
02-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Try Inns of America. About a minute from 95 and they offer an SCCA discount. Last time there I think it was $69 a night. Nothing special, but clean and close to everything.

Richy Gonzalez
03-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Maybe I waited too late. I've tried every hotel listed on the Moroso website and they are all 130 and up. The search continues...

Richy Gonzalez
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Apperantly, there is a Jazz festival going on that weekend too. So, hotels are either full or charging $139 or up. ...I'll be camping :wacko:

Mattberg
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
Just a sidenote Richy...

I came back from CA this past week for a short vacation and tried to get a hotel. Forget about the jazz festival... I FORGOT IT WAS FRIGGIN' SPRING BREAK! Not only that, you had the boat show in West Palm, the Miami Ultrafest, Heat and Panthers home games, the Miami Grand Prix, the Nasdaq tennis tournament and all of baseball spring training! Getting a hotel room was virtually impossible if you didn't do it eight months ago. I was outraged by the price gouging as well. Rooms that usually go for $100 a night in Miami Beach were going for $1200 a night for Fri-Sat!!! I had to pay over $700 a night at the Hard Rock for a room that goes for $189 any other week of the year. I've never seen anything like it.

Lesson learned. A true tourist trap. Any visit to Broward/Dade from the middle of March to the middle of April? Avoid it altogether if possible but if you have to, make reservations at least a year in advance!!! :bash_1_: