PDA

View Full Version : Koni Yellows vs Tokico

spnkzss
02-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Are stock Koni Yellows with Ground Control an upgrade to Tokico adjustable with GC? Atleast until I come up with the money to rebuild/revalve/shorten the Koni's?

emwavey
02-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm thinking the same thing since I have Tokicos on the ITA car now and sold my street CRX with Konis. I had considered switching, but didn't. Originally I was going to upgrade to the off-the-shelf race Konis this year, but I'm going to put off the purchase to buy a head-neck restraint instead.

R2 Racing
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Koni's are better than Tokico's everyday, all day long.

Also, being that you've got these on a ITC car, you should be able to race on off the shelf Koni's and not need a shorten and revalve. But if you do decide to do that, I think it generally runs about $100 per shock to have done.

Doodson
03-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree the Koni's are a better shock and can handle a high spring rate aswell, but are a bit more money , pay for what you get

tom91ita
03-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Are stock Koni Yellows with Ground Control an upgrade to Tokico adjustable with GC? Atleast until I come up with the money to rebuild/revalve/shorten the Koni's?
[/b]

yes, yes. look for crx lee on the honda-tech forum. Lee works at Koni and he is a long time honda racer and has moved over the years from 1st gen crx ita to 2nd gen crx ita to 2nd gen crx FP.

tom

spnkzss
03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I actually sucked it up and bought the shortened/revalved Konis new. I figured it was just something that needed to be done. I'm overdriving the Tokicos and I'm so close to being somewhat competitive, it was just time.

Thanks