PDA

View Full Version : Why does ATl Region Charge so much for xtra ECR driver

Zahniser1970
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Why does the Atlanta Region charge so much for a second ECR driver whereas regions like the NCR do not charge at all?

Catch22
02-21-2006, 10:07 PM
I suggest you ask that question at the mid year meeting.

iambhooper
02-21-2006, 10:38 PM
shhhh! don't ruin for us up here, scott! we don't need to give them any ideas. if fees go up any more, i may have to get an ice cream delivery truck route to afford the expense! jk

Chris Wire
02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Fifty to eighty bucks is a typical 2nd driver fee in CFR......seems fair to me. :023:

The main reason I like it is that it frees up extra cash I can put toward the rental fee, tires, brakes, gas, food, hotel, etc. When you think about it, about the only extra costs involved for the region is time for registration and T&S. Oh and maybe another body for the insurance. I can't recall if the SCCA insurance fee to regions is based on driver count, or if it is a flat fee.

JohnRW
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
SCCA liability insurance for road racing is a flat fee for the event (events differ, so 'Spectator Nat'l' is different from 'Non-spectator Reg'l'), plus a 'per car' assesment for every race car that turns a wheel on the track. Nothing in the SCCA insurance application or post-race audit paperwork requires any additional fees for 'drivers'.