PDA

View Full Version : Sebring this weekend

Mazmarc63
02-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Hammer, you bringing the shaving cream? :(

its66
02-21-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm bringing two sets of rain tires. Since not having rain tires almost guarantees rain, and having rain tires almost guarantees no rain; what does two sets of rain tires do??? :P

I hear it may be one of the largest fields for Short Course...Lots of cars, IT7 & SM. Bodyshopdotcom will have the phone lines open early prescheduling repairs. Call about our 2 for 1 specials... :lol:

Who's going??

zracre
02-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I will be there with the ITA car...the ITS car aint dun yet. Soon I can lay a little smackdown on ya!! but for now I will just follow around that M3 lightweight...or is that an E30 325e??

its66
02-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Evan,
Big field, IIRC, there are 16 or so ITA cars entered. 40 cars total in G8. IT7 was moved to a different group. ROFL..Lightweight M3.. I don't care who you are, that's funny..

Phillip
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I will be there in ITA for the first time, still mostly a Spec Miata. But the header and the Suspension is done . No turning back now.

Phil
Ft Myers

titanium
02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
quote: "what does two sets of rain tires do???"
Fog!!!
Unless you bring a chicken to sacrafice. If you do that, we will have sunny weather.

Buddy is finishing up the cage in the Mustang right now. Tammy and I are going to pick it up in Orlando on Saturday and head down to Sebring with it.
Everyone is welcome to stop by and check it, and my new motorhome out. (A Gulfstream Super C, 33ft, built on the Chevy Kodiak medium-duty truck chassis, great for towing!)

Rodney Williamson
www.titaniummotorsports.com

Hammer
02-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the shaving cream will keep the fog off my windshield and the Spec Miatas away from my car. Hopefully I won't have to hit up one of my sponsors, Bodyshop.com, for any repair work after this weekend. I heard over 300 cars are entered.

flaboy
02-21-2006, 09:27 PM
well I'd love to be their but i have balcony hotel rooms for MARDI GRAS on Burbon street.
Even thou Sebring would be fun after my drivers school.My first race will have to wait until yhe double SARRC at Moroso in March.

Have A great time next weekend I'll be thinking of you all.

Tim

steve s
02-21-2006, 09:56 PM
i'll be there in my it7 car .not sure about carlos his car is still in my shop.
evan that m3 is real fast .good luck trying to catch him.

VenWood
02-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I was hoping Evan was going to start driving one of those new cars. Maybe I can give you some help getting them prepared... I'll see you there, from behind.
Tucker

zracre
02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, I just finished bolting a bunch of lead in the Teg...ought to be interesting!! looking forward to the weekend! Tucker, and all, see ya there!!

Richy Gonzalez
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry that I won't be there but good luck everyone!

steve s
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
there was a big wreck in the last groupon sunday.i heard that mike hit the wall head on .can anyone say if he's ok or if it was him??????
nice race evans sometime it's better to be lucky and good!!!!

Mazmarc63
02-27-2006, 08:36 AM
The crash happend at T5 (long course T13). Cars involved at the scene were Mike Gunther in an ITS Rx-7 and Tucker Alford in an ITA CRX. I saw Tucker standing with a corner marshall but I believe Mike was transported to Highlands Memorial. It did look like Mike sustained a hard hit. I hope he was just shook up.

More on the weekend later.

zracre
02-27-2006, 09:16 AM
It kinda puts a damper on the weekend when you see 2 of the nicest people at the races with wrecked cars. From what I heard, all parties are shaken but ok. Tucker was loading the CRX on the trailer and I did not see Mike...not sure of his condition.

The SARRC race was insane!! The red BMW was there in full force, I qualified .280 off him for pole...thought it would be more (his fast race lap in the dry was 3 sec faster than dry qualifying!). The race started in real wet and nasty conditions but steadily improved thru the race. In typical fashion, the beemer got ahead and we had a battle deluxe! he was leading me into a pack of lap traffic and clobbered a 240sx ITS car (another nice group of guys with a wrecked car).that put me ahead for the win! Marc ran a great race and it was a pleasure running with everyone here! The regional was dry so it was not a race for me with the BMW...he was 2 seconds a lap faster in the dry on kumho's (I was on R3S05's). I can say I LOVE it when it rains! :happy204: 3rd overall and 2nd fastest lap of race! See ya all at Moroso!
edit...3rd fastest...well i tried!!!

rob22
02-27-2006, 09:41 AM
I talked to Mike shortly after the race, and he said he was ok. The car however, may be done, very hard hit on the left front corner. I believe the ambulance responded for the porsche driver from the previous GT race. I know Jeff Bailey and Mike Sydnor (Orlando Fire Dept paramedics and racers) advised him he needed to be evaluated.

Some good racin" despite the weather.

"Bosco" Logsdon

steve s
02-27-2006, 12:14 PM
good to hear everyone is ok.sorry about tucker.good guy!!!!
evans maybe they'll put an SIR on the bmw????
p.s. did you know that the reg.race they gave out 1st to 3rd place trophies,just to let you know you and all other competitors know they have to email tucker and he'll send it to you.
that trophy was the best very impressive i'll surely display mine instead of putting it away in the closet.

zracre
02-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I think the 325e needs a 2.7mm SIR lol...trophy is awesome!! something useable. I will proudly display that one (its a really cool clock). Now if we can order us up some rain, I can save on the tire budget for Moroso!!

Richy Gonzalez
02-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash but I'm glad everyone is ok.

Tucker, I hope the car isn't too bad. I have an old hood and front bumper. They are yours if you need them.

Evan, congrats on running that BMW down. I'll have to see if my new little white Civic SI can run down that integra of yours at Moroso.

zracre
02-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Cool! cant wait to see the new ride...How did you get the lenzes yellow on your car? Mine are turning yellow from the helicopter tape being old...it looks kinda cool but not as cool as full yellow lights. I have seen a few like that and would like them for mine too!!

VenWood
02-28-2006, 12:20 PM
The car is done. Both Miike & myself were fine after the incident. Mike's car should be able to return after some straightening & body work. My car was bent/creased in roof and underbody. Mike felt really bad. It's all good with me as I have plenty of spares now & a complete car to go into F Production. I'll still be at the races handing out trophies, & will hopefully finish the new car within a year.
Tucker

Richy Gonzalez
02-28-2006, 12:58 PM
How did you get the lenzes yellow on your car?
[/b]

Go to www.LAMIN-X.com -- I use the stuff on my headlights, I used the clear on taillights of my old crx but on my new Civic, I went with the light smoke stuff on the tails. Here's a couple of pics

This is one of my favorite pic...
http://www.lamin-x.com/images/DemoCars/M3yellowheadWEB.gif

My car in one of the 4 laps that it did at Sebring (Turkey Trot)
http://www.honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewimg&id=16075

Here's a couple of links that has a clear picture of the headlights
http://groups.msn.com/thegonzalezfamilyric...oto&PhotoID=485 (http://groups.msn.com/thegonzalezfamilyrichysheilaandnyah/1992itacivicsi.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=485)

and taillights
http://groups.msn.com/thegonzalezfamilyric...oto&PhotoID=492 (http://groups.msn.com/thegonzalezfamilyrichysheilaandnyah/1992itacivicsi.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=492)

Mike Guenther
03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank you to all who have expressed your concern. Thanks to Mike C for calling me. Tucker, thanks for being such a great competitor and taking this so forgivingly. It was completely my fault that we made such an impact. I had a great race going on and just went into T5 too hot and lost it. I didn't want to lose too many positions and tried to re-enter the track when I shouldn't have. I learned an expensive lesson and I'm sorry to have put some of that cost on you too.

I have been too busy to take the car off the trailer and check it out but I don't think it is worth trying to salvage the tub. I have another perfect body that I can strip down and transfer all the good stuff from my car onto it and start over. I just need to find the time to get it together. I had just spent $7 grand with Van Steenburg for a new motor and tranny and that motor was breaking in nicely. If anyone wants to make me an offer on all the pieces and parts and do the work to put it all together, they can make a nice deal on a complete package with a brand new ISC Race motor.

Goodrad
03-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Mike, I had a terrible start and was right behind Tucker. I'm glad to see that you and Tucker are O.K. It was one of the hardest hits If seen. I think if the grass wasn't so wet you might of made it. When we came around the corner your tires were flinging mud everywhere and you weren't going anywhere. It's a lesson learned for all of us that when it's been raining do not expect to be able to drive through the grass as easily as when it's dry. Sounds obvious, just one more thing to plug-in to your brain before the race. Good Luck. Neil

Hammer
03-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Race results are up on mylaps.com

MMcCaughey
03-05-2006, 11:45 AM
thanks for the update