PDA

View Full Version : A Retraction

backformore
02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Man, I have got to resist the urge to post late at night! If you read my other post you know what I'm talking about. Apparently I was really tired and some sort of bug had crawled up my ass. If you did not read it, thank goodness.

Having reread (sp?) my post at a more reasonable time of day, I feel the need to make the following comments.

While I'm sure that I had a point to make in my other post, I'm pretty sure I didn't make it. I'm also sure that I did not intend to make it so venomously. Sorry.

Worse still I'm afraid that my other post suggested that I thought intelligent and considered opinions were the exception on this site. That is absolutely not true and I apologize for implying it. That was not my intention. I thoroughly enjoy most of the posts and appreciate the opportunity to get different views and opinions. Again, Sorry.

I have stricken the offending post from the record and humbly request that the jury ignore it when coming to a verdict.

The most important part of the previous post that was easily lost is that I am looking forward to returning to the track to spend time around others who enjoy cars and car racing.

See you there.

Rory

gsbaker
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Rory,

Don't worry about it. We've all made a quick, flippant post only to regret it later. It's a class move to call yourself on it, although I'm sure most here were giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Have fun.

Gregg

lateapex911
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, Rory, that's a stand up move on your part.

That post was actually simmering in my mind. I couldn't figure out why someone would make such a post ...before racing with us all! I did read it as you commented, that the "good" here was the exception, and the rest of us were ...well....dorks, to put it nicely.

Glad to see a rethink.

Knestis
02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh, yeah? Well, SCREW THE LOT OF YOU, and the donkeys you rode in on.

Oops. Never mind. :P

K

gran racing
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I just figured you had one too many beers before that post.