PDA

View Full Version : F1 Boston

RSTPerformance
02-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Today I went to F1 Boston with a group of 10 people. We rented the track for 1/2 hour. We had three 10 lap "qualifying" sessions where you earned points for starting positions for the race. Then we had a 20 lap race. Cost was about $75 each.

It was a friggen blast!!!

Wanted to see if anyone on here had some interest in putting together a group? 1/2 hour seems like not a lot of time, but it really is about all you really need, although it would be fun to rent the track for an hour and have alternating race groups...

Any interest? If so what dates? PM me or respond here.

Raymond

RacerBill
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Ray: What you really want to try is a 2-huor enduro, 4 man teams. Want to see what kind of shape you're in? Try a half hour in one of those karts.

Having raced Karts indoors for over 4 years, it is a great way to keep the edge. One of the guys I race with had stopped at F1 Boston and gives the place a big thumbs up!

Have fun!

Doc Bro
02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
We went up once....drove 2 hrs. I thought it was a huge waste of time. They DO NOT cater to racers. They cater to 18 yr olds....or at least that's what their used to. I got penalized twice! Once because I thought the starter said Go to get us on the track when in reality he said No! DUH, use the flags!!!
The second time I got penalized because my tires were squeeling......WHAT??

Go to Kart Track save the money on gas and get one more run in. Ted's a great guy and a former ITB'er.
He promotes racing!!

R

16v
02-21-2006, 12:47 AM
F1 outdoors is a BAZILLION times better than F1 Boston. We've done a couple 60 hour enduros via Brian's shop and a couple more via team building exercises at work. Soooooooo much fun

unfortunately it isn't open during the winter months

http://www.f1outdoors.com

alfa
02-21-2006, 12:53 AM
60 hours is a long time!

gran racing
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
The thing I really like about Kart Track is they don't mind the bumping (usually). Although Jake F. and I did get yelled at once; not that we were getting too aggressive.

I'm really interested in doing the F1 outdoors this year. The F1 indoors one could be fun to do too.

16v
02-22-2006, 12:50 AM
60 hours is a long time!
[/b]

ya ya... it was a typo. You want me to give a plug to make up for it? :024:

BB Racer
02-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Ray, i've got another suggestion. Race America is another kart track right next to Foxboro stadium. On Saturday mornings they let you run as many races as you want (or can stand) from 9am-2pm for $100. We went a couple of weekends ago and got in 10 or 11 races before we were to tired to stand up anymore and left with over an hour to go.
Tracks are good, no elevation like F1, but fun nonetheless. And like someone mentioned, one aspect a lot better than F1 is that they'll let you race. Nothing worse than having a race ruined by a penalty that was either undue or could have been sorted out among competitors.

By the way have to mention:
BB Racing kicked Flatout's A-- while we were there.

We're going to go do it again soon, one last hurah before the season starts. I'll post it up here next time, the more the merrier.

Andy Bettencourt
02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Ray, i've got another suggestion. Race
By the way have to mention:
BB Racing kicked Flatout's A-- while we were there.
[/b]

That's funny, the reports I have seen show otherwise!

Time to bring this to NHIS...:) I'll take Brandon, Gump has Hollywood in an SM!!!!

AB

RSTPerformance
02-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Brandon/Andy-

let us know... The RST Gang will show ya all up!!! :rolleyes:

I can see it now... BB Racing vs Flat Out Motorsports vs RST Performance Racing. That would be a lot of talent with equal "carts" and I think could make for some interesting stories, and certainly some bragging rights worth rubbing it!!! :smilie_pokal:

We are in ;) Give us some good notice so that we can make sure my brother and my father can get the time off.

Raymond "Raymond, insert foot now and shut up" Blethen

PS: Maybe we will need to pull in Brians Garage just so we all have someone to lap!!! :cavallo:

16v
02-27-2006, 08:11 PM
PS: Maybe we will need to pull in Brians Garage just so we all have someone to lap!!! :cavallo:
[/b]

:wacko:

7racing
02-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I can see it now... BB Racing vs Flat Out Motorsports vs RST Performance Racing.

[/b]

Heh. Which team can I race with? I think I can fit in with most of you. Just move the seat back for me, will ya?

Jeremy

RSTPerformance
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
OH crap a Sheppard!!! watch out!!!

ok just kidding ;)

The sheppard family will have to also come join the battle...

Raymond

PS: Jeremy your paying tomorrow night, I am not sure why but I think I can come up with some reason you owe me a few :birra: (Just to clarify a few of us are joining some local friends for Happy Hour in Lowell, MA, all are welcome to join in... The Tavern at the Bridge, Lowell, MA).

RSTPerformance
03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
OH crap a Sheppard!!! watch out!!!

ok just kidding ;)

The sheppard family will have to also come join the battle...

Raymond

[/b]

Hmm...do they have extra long karts there? Dan-O will take a bit to squeeze in.

Jeremy

gran racing
03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
I've seen a few of the RST sigs. signed Jeremy. Tell me that after Stephen finally got his on signature you're starting to share it again Raymond! :mad1:

Is there a website for the carting place in Foxboro? I couldn't find one.

stevel
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Is there a website for the carting place in Foxboro? I couldn't find one.
[/b]

www.racingamerica.com

s

bg43wex
03-02-2006, 11:33 PM
hey,

Is anybody going down to Race A Rama this weekend?

It's at Gillette stadium which is next door to Racing America.

brian m

gran racing
03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Race America / racing America... got it! Thanks Steve!

RSTPerformance
03-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Dave-

Jeremy Sheppard came to my office and hijacked my computer.... not sure what else he got into, but I am sure it wasn't much as we had to rush off to happy hour :birra:

Raymond

PS: How was Race A Rama???