PDA

View Full Version : IT.com clock?

GKR_17
02-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it appears that the IT.com clock is set to Greenwich Mean Time. Could that be changed to something used in the States? Maybe EST instead?

Grafton

Gregg
02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Here's what ya do...
Look for the "My Controls" link (on the upper right)... Look on the left-side under the "Options" section and click on "Board Settings" Set your base time zone (it's the 1st thing there)

I've attached a scren shot & circled some stuff for ya.

gsbaker
02-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey Gregg, how do you do that screenshot thingie?

zracre
02-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Its still kinda messed up but I set mine to Central time even though im eastern...seems to work fine

tom_sprecher
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Forum clock says 11:41 and the one on the wall says 10:50. Something ain't right.

gsbaker
02-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I believe the Webmaster uses a hosting service rather than a server sitting at their desk, so the clock is probably off at the service.

Time to beat on the vendor. :bash_1_:

Gregg
02-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Hey Gregg, how do you do that screenshot thingie?
[/b]
Twas a multi-step process. Here's what I did.... I went to the web page I wanted and pressed Alt-PrtSc. This will commit whatever window you're looking at (regardless of program) into the "copy buffer" I opened up Microsoft Paint...For Windoze users, go to Start->Run and enter "mspaint" and click OK In MSPaint, go to Edit->Paste (or press CTRL-V)
Mark up whatever you want (like adding the neato read circles)
Select only the part of the image you'll want to show us peoples
Go to File->New and then paste (same procedure as before)
Save your new image (preferably a JPG file to keep the file small)
Go to compose your message on IT.com and use the "File Attachments" options just below where you enter the text of your messageBelieve it or not, that process only took me a minute or two to execute...much longer to document.

dave parker
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Gregg
You are such a computer geek. When are you going to finish fixing my computer at home? :happy204:

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker

RSTPerformance
02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Gregg
You are such a computer geek. When are you going to finish fixing my computer at home? :happy204:

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
[/b]

No dave, you have just flipped to many cars :unsure:

Raymond :-P

gsbaker
02-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Twas a multi-step process. Here's what I did....[/b]
Ahhhhh. Never knew that Alt-PrtSc was a capture function. Thanks!

dave parker
02-22-2006, 11:12 AM
No dave, you have just flipped to many cars :unsure:

Raymond :-P
[/b]
Shh. You will give away my secret. Besides how can one be too many?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker