PDA

View Full Version : I need some more fuel.

02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
If a guy was too cheap to invest in a MOTEC, and wanted to stay legal for ITS, what can be done to get more fuel into the motor using the stock ECU? I've got an '87 13B S4 motor with S5 throttle body.

I know MOTEC allows you to change duration, but it's a little expensive. What about some gizmo to trick the stock ECU into thinking the air is super cold? Any other way???

Steve Smyczek

stevel
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
If a guy was too cheap to invest in a MOTEC, and wanted to stay legal for ITS, what can be done to get more fuel into the motor using the stock ECU? I've got an '87 13B S4 motor with S5 throttle body.

I know MOTEC allows you to change duration, but it's a little expensive. What about some gizmo to trick the stock ECU into thinking the air is super cold? Any other way???

Steve Smyczek
[/b]

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator. That's the easiest and cheapest way I can think of. Just turn the fuel pressure up.

s

ralph mcconnell
02-18-2006, 09:33 PM
you can also use turbo injectors in the secondaries with 42 psi worked on our car before we got the motec. ralph car chief ITS #86

zracre
02-18-2006, 09:57 PM
you can also use turbo injectors in the secondaries with 42 psi worked on our car before we got the motec. ralph car chief ITS #86
[/b]

:018:

C. Ludwig
02-19-2006, 03:21 AM
[/b]

Uh, not legal...

You need more fuel with the S5 electronics? Are you sure? EVERYONE says the S5 is too fat.

MaxEnergy
02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
If everything is working correctly, I agree with Chris you will be quite rich. I'd first have the injectors cleaned and tested at some place like Marren in CT.

I fought a lean problem last year until I was ready to give up. The issue was repeatedly clogged injectors. I drained the tank and replaced the screen and filter but didn't find any obvious contamination.

The ACV block off plates rtv had deteriorated and I believe it was allowing exhaust and intake air to comingle in the lower intake manifold. There was a lot of fine black carbon looking residue in the intake. When I returned the newly serviced injectors to Marren they were clogged again after only 3 dyno runs. That's when I drained the tank and resealed the ACV blockoff and haven't had a problem.

One way or another I would suspect the injectors. They do fail or get weak fairly regularly due to the vibration and heat they experience especially the primaries.