PDA

View Full Version : Your 2006 Race Schedule?

gran racing
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Now that the SCCA and NASA schedules are posted, it’s time to ponder the upcoming season. My schedule is still very much in flux, but am curious to see what the level of interest in NASA events are and who is planning on attending these races:

5/8 & 5/9 Mon. & Tues. Watkins Glen
7/8 & 7/9 Sat. & Sun Summit Point (Hyperfest)
8/4 & 8/5: Fri. & Sat. LRP

(I can’t remember if the LRP event is limited by sound or not)

From what I’ve heard, the Summit Point Hyperfest is quite the event to attend. So, what’s your racing schedule plans for ’06?

RSTPerformance
02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Dave-

Stephen and I are planning on racing the NARRC series in an effort to regain 1st and 2nd in the championship as we did in 2003. We will most likely run all but 1 race at LRP and 1 race at NHIS, depending on the points situations. No crazy travels other than the NARRC Pocono & Glenn events and the Last Chance 3hr enduro at the Glenn in the Fall. Also at the end of the season we as always are planned to go to the ARRC and defend the pole/offpole of 2004, but as always this will depend on my funding and Stephens vacation abilities.

Now as in recent years this could all blow up due to a few factors;

1) Stephens Dam work schedule,
2) Dads need to sell the house and shop,
3) and as always Funding, however we have done it in the past and we make more now... crazy how that works the more money I make the more I seem to be poor... :unsure:
4) last and least (she doesn't read this so I can say that ;) , JK- incase you do read this site hun your my first priority!!!) Girlfriend conflicts... lol

In addition to running those events I plan to be stewarding in some aspect at all those events plus the Northeast National events. Should be a busy summer indeed...

Raymond Blethen
ITB Audi Coupe

mlytle
02-16-2006, 11:38 PM
i was going to do the marrs series again, but now am looking at the nasa and bmwcca series. nasa has four events at summit and one at vir. have never run with nasa before, could be fun! maybe i will do a few marrs events (running in ite) for license keeping reasons.

marshall

philstireservice
02-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Well, since I will be working all the NASA NE, PDA and EMRA events it might be very tough to race any of those.......but on the off weekends I will most likely be doing a few regionals and a few nationals. And of course the 12hr at Summit and the 13hr at VIR with the Knestis, Amy, Lawton team !!! in Pablito..the ITB Queen ... :035:

JamesB
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
For me its school number 2, and half the MARRS series. I would do a full season but I have a out of country wedding to attend after the season wraps up.

dave parker
02-17-2006, 03:35 PM
While I cannot speak for the racing at the Hyperfest (since I don't participate in any of the races that weekend) I can tell you that the Saturday after race festivities are a hoot.

[attachmentid=293]

I am sure that you guys can figure out who the loose nut behind the wheel is.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker

turboICE
02-17-2006, 04:29 PM
My intent is to be present at all NASA-NE events, though I may not bring the race car to LRP.

There are no high db sound days available for NASA or PDA so assume all NASA-NE LRP days will be full muffled sound requirements.

RSTPerformance
02-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Dave-

Did you destroy a perfectly good ITB donor car :dead_horse:

You are crazy if that is you....

Raymond "That looks like a fun ride, my turn " Blethen

JamesB
02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
It was him, and more like an ITC donor.

dave parker
02-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Raymond
The car was a 1980 something four door rabbit with serious rust issues. The ten inch diameter hole in the passenger foot well was proof of that. That was the third year that the MoBeer team used it to win the rollover contest.
I think it will be the last for that chassis, I rolled the car two and one quarter times and really bent the A pillar on one side. We will probably move the cage to another rust bucket for the 2006 contest.
However the winnings($500.00) from the 2005 rollover contest funded the trip to the MARRS at the Glen the next week. That weekend was known as "MoBeer @the Glen".

I have been told by serveral people that I have serious "thrill issues" :D I also now know what clothes in the dryer feel like. Hell you should see the video!!!

The important thing to remember here is that I only roll cars on purpose and for MONEY. Otherwise it is just not worth the grief and aggravition.

I have more pictures from the series but I don't know how to post them. If you would like the rest of the series PM me.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker

gran racing
02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
That's awesome. Between that, a Daisy Duke contest, plenty of fireworks, beer (oh yeah, there's racing too) - Hyperfest 2006 it is! :035:

Dave, you gotta find someone to host the video. Any volunteers?

turboICE
02-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I'll host it. ed *dot* haney *ampersand* gmail *dot* com

Here are some pictures from 2005.

http://www.pbase.com/sonny2/hyper05

Nah the DD countest wasn't all that http://uplink.space.com/attachments//429375-drool.gif

67ITB
02-19-2006, 10:55 AM
So how about that DD password??

Matt Bal

turboICE
02-19-2006, 02:31 PM
I forgot that Sonny put one on that section - it must be saved in my cookie for his gallery.

I don't try and explain the reasoning of others, but he didn't want it open, copied or more importantly he didn't want image links on forums to those pictures.

You can contact Sonny here - sonny200 *ampersand* email *dot* com or any NASA NE event (some Mid-Atlantic).

It's worth the effort. ;)