PDA

View Full Version : Honda and Acura Camber

itaintegra31
02-11-2006, 06:48 PM
OK rule guys, what are the legal ways to add - camber to a Honda or Acura for IT racing? Can the upper "A" arms be slotted at the inner pivots?

lateapex911
02-12-2006, 04:34 PM
No.

Any susp component, or mounting point can not be slotted, or modified.

If the hole is large enough, offset bushings can work.

Knestis
02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I've seen solid, offset bushings that appear to press into the stock arms that would be legal, if the arm itself isn't modified in any way.

K

itaintegra31
02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Anyone know where these off set bushings can be found and how well they work?

lateapex911
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, I don't know if the offset bushings are the ticket or not, just that it is one of the possibilities that might help, depending on your actual situation.

I only know of Ground Control on the West coast, where you are from, but on the east coast, there are several shops that can give you either guidance, or parts. My pal Anthony Serra at Mechanics Shop North knows Integras pretty well, and there are others. A little net search and some dialing will yeild a number of solutions, I bet.

Racerboy03
02-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Id send Anthony an email to ask what the best solution is. For reference, he set up my car and we used stock UCA's in the front, the negative camber came from setting up the ride heights. I was pretty happy how well the car ran last year. (actually, I think I met you at the ARRC and we had a conversation about UCAs? or am I thinking of someone else? ) Good luck, you still planning on coming to Atlanta next November?

-Mark C.

itaintegra31
02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Yea that was me, and we are going to race at the ARRC in november.

R2 Racing
02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
we are going to race at the ARRC in november.
[/b]

From California? Sweet!

Like Mark, any and all camber on my car simply came from lowering the car and corner weighting it. All of the arms and everything are completely stock. I do often find myself wishing I could add or remove some camber though but the options available in IT (to us) are either expensive or a major, major pain in the ass to install and/or adjust.

Ron Earp
02-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I do often find myself wishing I could add or remove some camber though but the options available in IT (to us) are either expensive or a major, major pain in the ass to install and/or adjust.
[/b]

One of those rules that does not have similar impact across all IT cars. Strut cars can have slotted camber plates and adjust easily, whilst you have little choice. And I am in the same boat. Simply allowing the slotting of components would be a nice rule to have and reduce costs. If I could simply elongate my ball joint mounting holes I'd be in business for zero $$$, but that is illegal.

You could slot it and run for a bit to figure out what you need, then get components accordingly. Sort of a try it before you blow big money option. You can get replacement A arms once you figure out what you wish to do.

Ron

R2 Racing
02-20-2006, 01:10 AM
One of those rules that does not have similar impact across all IT cars. Strut cars can have slotted camber plates and adjust easily, whilst you have little choice.[/b]

Yup, agreed. That's actually one thing that is nice about our old '85 Civic. It has a strut with torsion bar front suspension and a solid axle rear suspension. So we just put some slotted camber plates on the front and then shim the hubs where they bolt to the axle in the rear and bam, instant, cheap, legal, and easy camber adjustment. But with the 4-wheel independent suspensions on the other cars, there's just no similar option to doing it.