PDA

View Full Version : G Force Harnesses now FIA Certified?

Jeremy Billiel
02-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Well my harnesses have expired and its time for new belts. I had pretty good luck with my cheaper G force belts last time and when I went to their site they say they have 2 belts (pull-up style) that are now FIA certified and approved for 5 years with SCCA. Has anyone else heard this? If so this is a bargain price as they are still in the sub $150 range. Can anyone confirm this?

RSTPerformance
02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I believe that is correct, I think thats what I have in my car (cam lock ones) I got them a year ago at like $130 I think???

I have not had any issues with them at all, and I feel safe wearing them...

G-Force seems to have a lot of great deals especially for the "budgeted" racer.

Raymond

JamesB
02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I think they are pull down though. I just bought the C7001 FIA certified 6 point belt set since mine expired. I got them from racerwholesale.com since I am on the east coast the shipping is fast. If your west coast safedrives out of OR can probably get them to you faster. Both have 2006 FIA belts in stock.

tdw6974
02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Well my harnesses have expired and its time for new belts. I had pretty good luck with my cheaper G force belts last time and when I went to their site they say they have 2 belts (pull-up style) that are now FIA certified and approved for 5 years with SCCA. Has anyone else heard this? If so this is a bargain price as they are still in the sub $150 range. Can anyone confirm this?
[/b]
Work Fine put a set in last year and they went with our car when we sold it. Ordered new for our new car but got the 6 Point as I think I saw that probably will be requiring 6 point in the future. TW

charrbq
02-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I've got to reread my GCR. I understood that we could no longer use belts for 5 yrs. I've been buying new G-Force belts each year for the past several years. I didn't think you could use them for more than one year. I just got a new set to install, but it would be nice if I didn't have to spend $150 each year on something in such good shape. :wacko:

tdw6974
02-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Page GCR 123 & 124 SFI 16.1 are 2 year restraints, FIA approved can be "no more than 5 years old"