PDA

View Full Version : Sub-forums - nah.

Knestis
02-10-2006, 11:08 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the sub-forums (e.g., FasTrack) don't actually enhance my surfing pleasure. It's just that much harder to get to stuff and is complicated by the fact that folks don't always think critically about where they start topics. That is compounded by our collective ability to wander off-topic, in really interesting directions that Kirk doesn't want to miss.

FWIW

K

gran racing
02-10-2006, 03:11 PM
There are 10 sub-forums - really unnecessary. Some of them only have a total of 3 posts. ??? At first I thought I hated the numerous sub forums idea because it was new, but that's simply not the case. I still hate it.

If it were not for the view new posts section...

Why did my warn % just jump way up? :D

dickita15
02-10-2006, 06:15 PM
ditto

gsbaker
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Were I a webmaster I could see the appeal of sub-forums. They allow highly specialized discussions to progress without becoming background noise for broader issues. It cleans things up. But isn't the entire Internet just a mishmash of noise? I'd hate to miss some obscure, but interesting, topic just because it was properly filed.

Net, net: go with it. The users pick off the highlights via the new-posts function.

BTW, I love the new beating-a-dead-horse smilie. :dead_horse: :D

RacerBill
02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
OK, I'm somewhere in the middle. I like the idea of subforums in the Tech form, grouping topics like engine, suspension, etc. I don't think Fastrack should be a subforum, however.

Guess that's because I've been involved with computers for 35 years! :024:

planet6racing
02-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm with Dave and Kirk. I'm not a big fan of the subforums and have actually been coming to this site less recently. I'm not saying it's because of the subforums, but...

JLawton
02-15-2006, 07:19 PM
and have actually been coming to this site less recently. [/b]

Yea, and going to sites where there are other Saturn racers........Oh, wait a minute, there are none!! :lol: