PDA

View Full Version : Need a dream job? Hankook is looking for a Motorsports Manager

emwavey
02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
"Dave,

Just got off the phone with Keven McDonald from Hankook.

They are desperately seeking a Motorsports Manager for their company. He asked me to help.

The requirements are pretty basic, no formal degree needed, just great social skills, a willingness to travel to and support their professional events, and the base pay sounds like it’ll be more that 50k plus they pay all travel expenses. It sounds like a lot of work, but a dream job for the motorsports fanatic, and a good fit for a driver in our club. It probably contains a fair bit of dealing with, and possibly even trips to Korea once in awhile.

Hankook is based out of, and the job is in Wayne, NJ, which is near Paterson.

Marketing director is Bill Bainbridge 800.426.5665 or [email protected] .

Or contact Keven McDonald at [email protected] .

I wish I had an opportunity like this when I as younger and single.

Please post in our usual places."

R2 Racing
02-06-2006, 06:38 PM
How does 26 years old, happily not tied down, a very avid racer, a mechanical engineering degree, and a MBA sound? Think I'd get it? :P

moto62
02-07-2006, 12:34 AM
How does 26 years old, happily not tied down, a very avid racer, a mechanical engineering degree, and a MBA sound? Think I'd get it? :P
[/b]

You would be overqualified and underpaid, like most of us in our current positions :lol:

R2 Racing
02-07-2006, 12:44 PM
You would be overqualified and underpaid, like most of us in our current positions :lol:
[/b]

True, but it can't be anything worse than what I do now. Hell, I think a well trained monkey could do my job while being much happier about the peanuts paycheck.

its66
02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
You mean like these guys???

http://www.break.com/superbowl/careerbuilder.html

gsbaker
02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Looks like the R&D department. ;)

dpc
02-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Maybe its because I am not as young and foolish as I was, but if you guys are racing ,it can't be that bad. I didn't start until I was(shit I can't remember). dave

Bill Miller
02-07-2006, 07:38 PM
"Dave,

Just got off the phone with Keven McDonald from Hankook.

They are desperately seeking a Motorsports Manager for their company. He asked me to help.

The requirements are pretty basic, no formal degree needed, just great social skills, a willingness to travel to and support their professional events, and the base pay sounds like it’ll be more that 50k plus they pay all travel expenses. It sounds like a lot of work, but a dream job for the motorsports fanatic, and a good fit for a driver in our club. It probably contains a fair bit of dealing with, and possibly even trips to Korea once in awhile.

Hankook is based out of, and the job is in Wayne, NJ, which is near Paterson.

Marketing director is Bill Bainbridge 800.426.5665 or [email protected] .

Or contact Keven McDonald at [email protected] .

I wish I had an opportunity like this when I as younger and single.

Please post in our usual places."
[/b]

Hmmm, and I live in NJ!!! Time to polish up the resume and give them a call!

lateapex911
02-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Looks like the R&D department. ;)
[/b]

Better than working with a bunch of jackasses.............

emwavey
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey, did any of you guys apply and/or hear back?

inquiring minds want to know OK it's really just that I'm nosy. :)

Wreckerboy
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes, you're nosy, ( :rolleyes: )and yes, I sent in a resume. Haven't heard anything back.
Besides being a great job, anything has to beat the current NJ to LI daily Commute From Hell.