PDA

View Full Version : Newbie rules question - ITC

CDS
02-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I recently bought an ITC car ('84 CRX) and plan to do the March school in St. Louis. I've been reading about rule changes for 2006, is there anything that affects ITC? I don't have my '06 GCR yet (doesn't a copy come with your novice permit?). I know there is a change to the door bar rules for 2007, but is there anything that would affect me for 2006?

A little background: the car was actively raced until early last year and had an annual tech at the start of 2005. The harness is still in date. I have done 6-7 HPDE's (all in a Miata) over the past couple of years and have autox'ed for several years. I have also crewed for an ITS car for a couple of years, so I think I am ready to take the plunge. I have autox'ed the CRX a couple of times just to get some seat time in it. Boy does it handle different from a stock Miata! :P I hope to do a track day or practice day before the school just to get more experience with the car.

Any other advice would be welcome. Thanks!

lateapex911
02-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I think you're good to go. It might be possible to get it "pre teched" in your area. Call your regions Tech cahir and see if it's possible that there are preseason tech sessions or private sessions possible. It will save time and stress at the track.

Second, get there as early as possible...things always take extra time. If you can't get it preteched, double check the date on everything, seat (If needed, which is the no back support style), belts, helmet. Check the suit and socks and gloves for wear and holes.

If you can get any GCR reading done ahead of tme, great. Read the section regarding on track procedure. Know the flags before getting to the track.

It sounds like you will have fun, as the car has been shaken down. Go fast!

Joe Harlan
02-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I recently bought an ITC car ('84 CRX) and plan to do the March school in St. Louis. I've been reading about rule changes for 2006, is there anything that affects ITC? I don't have my '06 GCR yet (doesn't a copy come with your novice permit?). I know there is a change to the door bar rules for 2007, but is there anything that would affect me for 2006?

A little background: the car was actively raced until early last year and had an annual tech at the start of 2005. The harness is still in date. I have done 6-7 HPDE's (all in a Miata) over the past couple of years and have autox'ed for several years. I have also crewed for an ITS car for a couple of years, so I think I am ready to take the plunge. I have autox'ed the CRX a couple of times just to get some seat time in it. Boy does it handle different from a stock Miata! :P I hope to do a track day or practice day before the school just to get more experience with the car.

Any other advice would be welcome. Thanks!
[/b]

06 GCR is online at http://www.scca.com

CDS
02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Thank Jake. I'll see about getting it preteched; anything to make things easier at the school.

I'll check out the '06 GCR online. Don't know why I didn't think about it being available.