PDA

View Full Version : SCCA gets a Plug

almracing
02-04-2006, 03:59 PM
The SCCA got a quick plug from NER member Lisa Gardner (aka, wife-crewchief) on NHPR. The interviewer asked about marketing books on a race car and she took that to compliment our silly hobby.

You can listen at:
http://www.nhpr.org/taxonomy/term/15000

:D

Anthony R.
ITA #86
Too Heavy Honda CRX

dickita15
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
good job

I like the line "we think fear might be a good thing in racing too"

pgipson
02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I've read a couple of the Lisa Gardner books and enjoyed them. They are great airplane books for a frequent flyer that refuses to work on airplanes. :D

lateapex911
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Very cool. She is really prolific!

I also liked the comment about how your stickers are more horrific than the average "corporate stickers"....

LOL...she really WAS complimentary! Made us sound great!

16v
02-06-2006, 03:17 AM
:happy204:

StephF
02-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I hadn't heard of Lisa Gardner until I started reading references to her sponsorship on this forum. While out shopping, I picked up a copy of 'Alone' the other day. I have to admit, I'm a prolific reader, and I hate stories that are lame, not researched well, or just plain plodding. Having been burned a few times with bad reads, I've gotten a bit leery of unknown authors of late.....but I have to say, it's turning out to be a good story. Well researched, the storyline is moving along, it has interesting characters. Now I am looking forward to reading the rest of her works!
Good job Lisa!
:OLA:

lateapex911
02-07-2006, 08:27 PM
See!??

There you go! The sponsorship IS worth it!

Another book sold! With more to come...

;)

almracing
02-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Actually Lisa has gained quite a few fans from the NER after seeing the bookcovers on the car. NER members have even made it into the novels... (Ray Lee Chee in The Killing Hour) and there is even a NER member in the new novel, GONE. Any guesses??

As for fear in racing be a good thing... it is usually directed towards me. Like when she says to me "Remember, I am the last one to tighten your lugnuts." Funny... I don't win many arguments.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

lateapex911
02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
LOL...that's funny...but she seems like she could figure out beter ways to "off" you, at least with less witnesses!

And what was the description of Ray Lees character again?? ;)