PDA

View Full Version : MEMPHIS 3/11-12 R/N/IT TOUR FORMS ONLINE

bldn10
02-03-2006, 12:35 PM
2 IT races in one weekend!
Saturday Memphis BBQ & Beer party!

Forms will not be mailed out so get them here:

3/11-12 Forms (http://www.midsouthscca.com/mar11_12_06.asp)

Turkflyer
02-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Just found the forms.....I'll be there!

charrbq
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
If the car's ready...big "if"...so will I. Always enjoy this race (unless it rains) :birra:

OTLimit
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
And to be the eternal trouble maker.....

So the entry fee difference between reg/reg and reg/nat is only $5. The difference in the Mid-Am/div trophy fund is $4/entry. And national cars get more track time. What a deal!

Some deal. (Like I am going to get away with not entering the car(s) anyway).

bldn10
02-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Lesley, you know this but for the benefit of those who do not, a Sun. National entrant gets a practice session on Sat., a qualifying session on Sun., and a race on Sun. Adding the Regional entry to that only adds one additional session. A Regional entry gets 2 sessions per day. So, adding the 2nd Regional to a Sat. Regional entry adds 2 sessions while adding the Regional to the National only adds 1. Theoretically, the marginal entry fee for the former should be double the latter. But it is a little more than that so I agree w/ you that we should have left the R/R at $245. We did widen the gap between the R and N based in large part on your comments here on this topic last year. It should probably be wider still.

OTLimit
02-10-2006, 10:27 PM
a Sun. National entrant gets a practice session on Sat., a qualifying session on Sun., and a race on Sun. [/b]

And how many actually take advantage of it? Not many from what I've seen; those that do usually use the race as testing also (reg/nat), and pull in.

Besides, we are talking about a bunch of national people, many of whom MIGHT make half of the race, and some of ones who make it half way will pull in anyway. ;)

It's immaterial for us anyway. Chris can't come down until Saturday afternoon/evening, so it's not worth discussing. And since it's not on my birthday this year I might go too.

bldn10
02-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Lesley, I'm not sure I see how your additional comments support your position:

"Besides, we are talking about a bunch of national people, many of whom MIGHT make half of the race, and some of ones who make it half way will pull in anyway."

So, adding the R to the N entry in practice really only adds about 1/2 session - that certainly does not argue in favor of charging even more for a R/N than a R/R tha we already do. If N drivers really don't much care about doing R race, they certainly aren't going to pay a lot more $ for it. We are trying to maximize our revenue so we theoretically price the R/N entry at a level that will achieve that.

Sorry ya'll won't be here for Sat. Tell Andie that the track decided our Hospitality Hut was not good enough (despite the substantial carpentry and painting I did on it last year) so they replaced it w/ a pre-fab metal building that has more room. Frankly, I think ours looked better.

bldn10
03-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Just a heads up on what else is going on in Memphis that weekend and its impact on accomodations.

The Conference USA basketball tournament is at FedEx Forum.

There is a large Republican conference at The Peabody that will have national news covereage and attendant security issues.

The implication is that Downtown hotels may be filling up if not already booked so if you want to stay Downtown where the offtrack action is, make your reservation now. Also, there will be lots of people Downtown and the place will be jumping so be aware of crowds and traffic.

Who has a new car? Major changes? Etc.?

buldogge
03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Hey Bill... I've got a great new restrictor I'm workin' on! :D ...but...I won't be at the first race.

So, I guess we'll see you at Gateway later this month.

Just a heads up on what else is going on in Memphis that weekend and its impact on accomodations.

The Conference USA basketball tournament is at FedEx Forum.

There is a large Republican conference at The Peabody that will have national news covereage and attendant security issues.

The implication is that Downtown hotels may be filling up if not already booked so if you want to stay Downtown where the offtrack action is, make your reservation now. Also, there will be lots of people Downtown and the place will be jumping so be aware of crowds and traffic.

Who has a new car? Major changes? Etc.?
[/b]

bldn10
03-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Sorry you won't be here, Mark; I'm curious to see what the SIR does to the Bimmer. We are up to 130 entries total so far so it should be a big event - I hope we have a good ITS field. I have 2 other things I want to do the Gateway weekend and it's only 1 race so I'm not totally sure I'll be there. But I probably will.

CDS
03-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Bill, I believe Skip Brunson and Jim Bishop from Miss. will be there with their ITS 280Z. I usually crew for them but I'm getting my car ready for the school and race at STL so I probably won't make it.

charrbq
03-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like the car's going to be ready for the test session and the race weekend. Rebstock's talking about it, so it's a good chance we'll have at least two C cars. Always like coming to race with you guys...you make us feel welcome. Goes a long, long way.

bldn10
03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
If I say this then perhaps it won't happen but there is a chance of a thunderstorm here and there over trhe weekend. Although it hasn't started yet, it is supposed to storm big time today, so the track may be wet tomorrow morning. It could also be wet Sat. and Sun. mornings even if it is not raining. Bottom line? Bring rain tires if you have them, tents, etc. As you know, the more prep we make for rain, the less likely it is!

charrbq
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Got rains, intermediates, race tires...Rebstock won't bring his so he can't race in the rain. Bad memories for him. The weather will determine when I leave and if I do the test day. Need it, but it won't do me much good if things turn to crap. :wacko:

FireballPhil
03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Here are the results from this past weekend's races at Memphis.
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=118951
Good weather and real good racing. :happy204:
Phil

Festus E. Simkins
03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Were are the Regional results?

charrbq
03-14-2006, 07:39 PM
MyLaps...Race Group 4...IT

Festus E. Simkins
03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
when the my laps web site comes up from the link bill put in NO Group 4 appears.

FireballPhil
03-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Festus, all of the results are on our NEW & IMPROVED web site. :happy204:

try this also: http://www.midsouthscca.org/modules/CmodsD...06Regionals.pdf (http://www.midsouthscca.org/modules/CmodsDownload/upload/Results/Road_Racing/March06Regionals.pdf)

Phil