PDA

View Full Version : I'm on TV!

benracin
02-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey yall, quite awhile ago I mentioned that Hometime is doing a show on my house. Well that show is done and it's finally on the air. There's three episodes, the first one was last weekend (sorry) and show two is this weekend. Airtimes vary so go to yahoo TV or tvguide.com and see when Hometime is on CBS. For me in the Minneapolis area it's on at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday. Awesome air time I know. Next weekends show they actually film my car a bit so we'll call that the highlight. And if you look really hard you might spot an Isaac hat in some of the shots. I think I'm wearing it when I'm working on the fireplace.

Alright, I'll stop bragging and go back to spending my work day reading posts on the site, which looks good by the way!

lateapex911
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I TIVO'ed you, and watched....

Looks good.. (but it sounds like they were whining because you didn't move your furniture before they got there! LOL...Don't worry, they threw their own employee under the bus for totally bailing on a kitchen job once.)

I looked but didn't spot the Isaac hat. Just a lot of Rigid tools.

Can't wait to see the car!

Are they cool to work with?

Eagle7
02-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Saw the car through the open door behind you, Ben. Thanks for the heads-up.

ddewhurst
02-03-2006, 09:17 AM
All this talk about CAR. :023: ;) Ben, I know the location & the guy who owns a FAST 1st gen that's for sale.

benracin
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
They do a lot of talk on that show. They told me to leave everything there so they can show up and get some before shots. Then they proceed to bitch about how they have to move everything. There was actually a lot more complaining done then what made the final show. Punks! I think I complained enough about how they just set me up that they toned it down. Grrrr.

I know the guys since I kind of work for them. I made their DVDs and share an office so they're all pals of mine. Having it be a TV show slows things down a ton though. That first show actually spanned 3-4 months. They came in, did the demo, then left for a month to finish a different show. They came back, built the sofit, then left for another month to finish a different show. On the 2nd show they'll complain how it took me 3 weeks to do all the drywall. Well it took them 3 months to frame a sofit and a fireplace. SO THERE! Sarah and I were really wondering what we got ourselves into when they came in, tore out our living room then took off for 2 months.

There good guys, they do good work, but are just plain horrible with schedules. They can procrastinate with stuff because they don't have to do a lot of the work. And since things need to be filmed you can't just take off and plow through your project. So I had most of the stuff but couldn't work on it till they were ready. I actually got in trouble for putting up a celing fan to fast. So for the first 5 months I wasn't allowed to make any real progress. Then came Janurary and it was go time all the sudden. Home remodeling is hard but when you've got someone telling you to work faster and it's there fault for putting you in the deadline you just want to smack them. It was fun watching my wife Sarah during her final interviews. It was hard for her to not give them the total truth to questions like 'so how do you think the project went' and 'would you ever do this again'.

In the end though the place looks awesome, we're still married, and nobody lost a limb. Learned a lot too. And you can't go wrong with free materials either that's for sure! Now if only I could find a show that's about fixing up your old race car...

David's selling his car?