PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Cabinets

Bildon
02-02-2006, 12:50 AM
The cabinets are probably a mid summer project but I will need them eventally.
So the aluminum cabinets are perfect but pricey. The wooden "kitchen" type get destryed in a race environment. I've thought some sort of plastic or light steel may be a good compromise.

The goal is something like this on the cheap :P
Any ideas?
http://www.modulinecabinets.com/photos/photo162.jpg

tderonne
02-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Ikea?

They mention having a stainless steel door style "Numerär" cabinets on page 162 of their 2006 catalog, but I don't see them anywhere else. They have have some laminate faced styles that could work too. Still your basic particle board boxes, but stainless doors might take some abuse, they'd certainly look the part.

If there's an Ikea near you, it may be worth a look.

Bildon
02-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Ikea?

They mention having a stainless steel door style "Numerär" cabinets on page 162 of their 2006 catalog, but I don't see them anywhere else. They have have some laminate faced styles that could work too. Still your basic particle board boxes, but stainless doors might take some abuse, they'd certainly look the part.

If there's an Ikea near you, it may be worth a look.
[/b]

Tim thanks for that tip but they are not going to work out. Basically they are particle board liek the rest of their stuff with a stainless sheet over the front. Notr going to stand up to the abuse.

So I decided to becomea Moduline dealer :D :035:
Anyone want some great cabinets and work benches? The Sportsman line is affordable.

ModulineCabinets.com

almracing
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I also found alot of the "racing" cabinets to be very expensive... with few extras. So I came across the "Gladiator" line. They are steel, (but not super heavy), adjustable shelves, reasonably priced. You can buy them from Sears. I put 3 of them across the front of the trailer.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER