PDA

View Full Version : Feb CCPS

Parrish57
01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Registeration for the CCPS race at CMP is now open. You can find the link on the Central Carolinas home page.

So who's going?

Steve
ITS 57

manny
01-29-2006, 08:23 PM
hey parrish57 did you have a chance to go to the banquet and if you did how was it?

Parrish57
01-29-2006, 09:31 PM
No, Manny, I didn't make the banquet. I travel for a living. As a matter of fact I'm in Shanghai right now. (Need a copy watch? :D ). You gonna make Kershaw?

manny
01-29-2006, 09:42 PM
i'll be watching the weather, i still remember last years weather.

JeffYoung
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I'll be there. Triumph is running ok actually.

Limey
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Planning on being there....in something.....

Hopefully the Civic's engine will be back together and I'll run ITA - Jeff, watch out for those neon orange headlights!

If not, back in olde #39 Spec Miata (assuming it gets bought back from the RR Skool in one piece!!)

JeffYoung
02-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Triumph is fine; TOW VEHICLE is broke. Guys, I'm out -- will miss running with you guys.......

Jeff

Parrish57
02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Guys... Car is great. Tow vehicle is fine. Driver is out of commission. I had a medical thing pop up that will prevent me from racing this weekend. I too will miss racing with you guys!

Steve
ITS 57

seckerich
02-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I was planning to use it as a test until I saw the schedule. It will be dark on Sunday before we get to race. Sucks when you are the filler for a national.

Parrish57
02-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Steve. That's what I hear consistantly from others as well. The schedule for CCPS is usually an afterthought to the weekend. There would be many more entries if it were not ALLWAYS the last race of the weekend (with practice and qualifying first thing Saturday).
I emailed the CCR RE about 6 weeks ago trying to get a more racer friendly schedule. He responded by calling me. He didn't seem to be aware of the discontent of the racers when it comes to scheduling. The regions officials need to hear more comments from us on the subject.

Rick_htm
02-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Steve, I hope its nothing serious. I was going to call you to see what kind of snow tires you had picked out for the weekend. Schedule and forecast might kill this weekend.

Parrish57
02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Rick... Nothing too serious. The doctor didn't say "Don't race", he said I "probably shouldn't". After looking at the schedule and the weather I pulled the plug. Besides, I don't even have snow tires. Or a working heater.

If the race is cancelled the upside would be that we're all still tied in the points!

Steve

JeffYoung
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Steve P., hope everything is ok......

A shame, it was shaping up to be a great field for CCPS......

See you guys in April at CMP.

Jeff

Parrish57
02-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Jeff... Thanks for the concern but not too much to worry about. Just a couple of rocks in my kidney. One of them shook loose sending me to the ER. We're treating the other one with lithotropsy (ultrasound) to break it up. Just a temporary pain in the... well, you know.

I just heard the weather forcast for this weekend. Rain and a high of 39 on Saturday. Mid 20's overnight with rain turning to a snowy mix. Yikes!

Rick_htm
02-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I say we leave the cars at home and just line up the tow vehicles. If the roundy round guys can use school buses then we should be able to use duallies. :birra:

Team SSR
02-19-2006, 12:58 AM
And the duallys will have heat, windshield wipers and tires that stick in the wet... items most of the race cars did not have all of in qualifying today. :)