PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gas

tom_sprecher
01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I don’t think it smells that bad, and I wouldn't do anything if it wasn't for the wife complaining. It can be rather embarrassing, especially in public or when friends come over.

I run 87 octane and Klotz racing 2 stroke oil as pre-mix. But for up to a week after I run the car and park it in the garage it really stinks! I don't know if it's fuel evaporating out of the bowl or what. It kind of smells like old gas left in a can over the winter but not quite.

Next time I run it I plan to cut off the fuel pump and let the bowl run dry to kill the engine. If there is not as much stench after that it may confirm the fuel evaporation theory.

Do they make Beano for Mazdas? Otherwise, PU

tom_sprecher
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
First, I want to thank everyone who replied to my post in an effort to help me with this maloderous issue. I appreciate your consideration and hope to repay you is some small way. ;)

Turns out that if I turn off the fuel pump and run the carb dry the problem is solved. Must be something in the Klotz that when mixed really sticks up th eplace while it slow evaporates.

C. Ludwig
01-29-2006, 04:09 PM
First, I want to thank everyone who replied to my post in an effort to help me with this maloderous issue. I appreciate your consideration and hope to repay you is some small way. ;)

Turns out that if I turn off the fuel pump and run the carb dry the problem is solved. Must be something in the Klotz that when mixed really sticks up th eplace while it slow evaporates.
[/b]

Only advice I can give is to stay away from the bean oil. They'll leave nasty, gummy deposits through the engine and the exhaust. Bean oils went out of favor with the 2-stroke crowd long ago.