PDA

View Full Version : Nissan diff service in SoFla?

handfulz28
01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Hopefully it's ok that I post this here; if not, shoot me a pm or something. I've got a new gear and LSD that I'd like to get installed before next Friday's test day at Moroso. I know there's a Nissan shop off Commercial at the east end of Executive airport (if it's still there).
But I was wondering if it'd be worth finding a 4x4 place that's done Nissan work. Usually they're a bunch more friendly and don't have their noses in the air...
FWIW, I'm bringing the pumpkin, not the whole car.
Thanks,
Michael
SEDIV ITA Nissan 240SX

TBreu007
02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey Michael,

I just found your post. I checked all around when it was time to do mine and didn't find anyone that was willing to even touch it. Did you have any luck?
I was quoted $800 at one place just to install the R&P.

I ended up building my own. The FSM is very detailed, and I bought all the shims online through a Nissan dealer. I can be impatient, so when I needed small shims, I made them out of shim stock. The whole thing is fairly straight forward (not easy), but it is very tedious. I bolted together, checked alignment, unbolted, reshimmed, bolted, checked alignment, etc. seemingly 100 times.

If I still lived down there, I'd give you a hand. I have 5 events on my car and don't have any abormal shavings in my fluid (knocking on wood)

slickS14
02-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Not sure if you got the job done yet but if you want to ship the unit to me in Atlanta I can do it for you for much less. Just put it all in a plastic tote from Walmart or Home Depot and send it ground. What type of LSD is it? NISMO, KAAZ, Quaife, Phantom Crap? What gear ratio are you going with? call me at 4043145042 if your interested, I don't check my PM mail here and only cruise through the site every couple of days. Chris Newberry

handfulz28
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey Tim and Chris, thanks for the offers.
I ended up giving Sylvain & Dave (Speedsource) a call and they hooked me up. I won't say online what they charged, but it was right inline with what I paid before AND they painted the housing and cover. They just repainted black/aluminum, I wanted to paint the housing chrome. I painted my Quaife/4.36 housing gold cuz it cost so much freakin money.
I put in a 4.636 and S15 OEM LSD. Funny, they were worried about having to order shims & spacers but they put it together and it came out OK - .006
Can't say enough about the great service and professionalism of those guys. Plus I got to go in there the Tuesday after the 24hrs of Daytona and see the new GT car. I went by at lunch time to "drop off" the diff; I didn't want to go back to the office.

Thanks,
Michael
ITA 240SX