PDA

View Full Version : Roebling School?

erlrich
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Wow, I&#39;m surprised that with < 3 weeks to go no one had started a thread on the Roebling school. Does anyone have any idea how many cars are registered? Kind of tough to know since they don&#39;t have online registration. I imagine with the cancellation of the CCR school this one should be pretty full.

Should be a blast! I can&#39;t wait.

zracre
01-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I will be there, the SM will have its first time there with my friend Christian at the helm to get his license and another friend driving my red ITA integra (new car for rentals)...should be busy!!

tom_sprecher
01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I&#39;ll be there with a couple of buddies to help out. Pray or bribe someone for nice weather. Did anybody get a info packet or confirmation back yet?

erlrich
01-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by tom_sprecher@Jan 23 2006, 02:02 PM
I&#39;ll be there with a couple of buddies to help out. Pray or bribe someone for nice weather. Did anybody get a info packet or confirmation back yet?

Tom - I did get a copy of the outline for the school from Michael Walters, but no actual confirmation. If you would like a copy of the outline PM you e-mail address to me and I&#39;ll forward it to you.

flaboy
01-23-2006, 07:37 PM
i&#39;ll be there with my itc rabitt. I have not recieved anything back from them yet.Will we get a confirmation back from them??

Tim

RussMcB
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
At Jekyll Island, during the SEDiv Drivers School meeting, they mentioned an "annual tech check list" (or something along those lines). That sounds like a great idea to me.

They said the tech guys like it too because it can save them time.

I thought they said it was on the Buccanneer or SCCA web site, but I haven&#39;t been able to find it. Has anyone else heard about it?

TIA.

erlrich
01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by RussMcB@Jan 23 2006, 09:15 PM
At Jekyll Island, during the SEDiv Drivers School meeting, they mentioned an "annual tech check list" (or something along those lines). That sounds like a great idea to me.

They said the tech guys like it too because it can save them time.

I thought they said it was on the Buccanneer or SCCA web site, but I haven&#39;t been able to find it. Has anyone else heard about it?

TIA.

There is a section on the last page (6) of the registration & sups that says if you need an annual tech or log book to e-mail Michael Walters for the form to fill out before you get to the track. The form looks to be a typical tech form for a new car, one page, on which you can fill in your name and car info and bring with you to tech. Michael answered my e-mailed request the same day, so you still have plenty of time to get that done.

tom_sprecher
01-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I spoke to Mike and turns out a lot of you guys may have know him as he used to work Grid at Roebling. Think glasses and beard. He e-mailed me a copy of the outline and tech inspection sheets for both types of cars. Russ, I&#39;ll e-mail you a copy for formula cars. If anybody else needs a copy let me know.

JeffYoung
01-24-2006, 05:37 AM
Crewing for 3 SMs at Roebling this year. Should be interesting. Anybody have any idea of a car count??

Team SSR
01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
We will be there... #54 944 ITS

Charles Perry
01-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by zracre@Jan 23 2006, 05:02 PM
I will be there, the SM will have its first time there with my friend Christian at the helm to get his license and another friend driving my red ITA integra (new car for rentals)...should be busy!!

Evan,
If I can ask, what are you getting for a rental car for a double school? I may have the need for a school rental coming up.

kbailey
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I plan on being there with my IT7. (Work willing...I was set for the CCR school but this one might be a problem.) I have not received anything back either. I have heard good things about Roebling and am looking for the school.

zracre
01-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Charles Perry@Jan 24 2006, 01:04 PM
Evan,
If I can ask, what are you getting for a rental car for a double school? I may have the need for a school rental coming up.

I havent figured that out yet...The people running the car at Roebling are helping to build it...so I will prob just do it for cost. I will work out some numbers and get back to you on it. The car is a 92 same as my white one. I transplanted the motor I ran last year into it (strong stock motor) as well as the suspension so it should be pretty Identical to the white one.

charrbq
01-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by zracre@Jan 25 2006, 04:55 AM
I havent figured that out yet...The people running the car at Roebling are helping to build it...so I will prob just do it for cost. I will work out some numbers and get back to you on it. The car is a 92 same as my white one. I transplanted the motor I ran last year into it (strong stock motor) as well as the suspension so it should be pretty Identical to the white one.

I can verify that the stock motor is plenty fast in the car...way faster than me! ;)

erlrich
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JeffYoung@Jan 24 2006, 05:37 AM
Anybody have any idea of a car count??

I e-mailed Mr. Walters today to see if he had any info on registration numbers. He said he didn&#39;t at this time, but he did know the school was filling up. Sounds like we&#39;re gonna have a crowd.

Ron Earp
01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
I&#39;ll be down there with Jeff crewing for three new SCCA inductees we&#39;re signing up. Should be fun, but I wish the CMP school wasn&#39;t canceled. Not that many people signed up, but I think a lot of that had to do with no adverts and politics.

Ron

Xian
01-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by erlrich@Jan 25 2006, 05:27 PM
I e-mailed Mr. Walters today to see if he had any info on registration numbers. He said he didn&#39;t at this time, but he did know the school was filling up. Sounds like we&#39;re gonna have a crowd.

Yep, I spoke with Mike the other day and he emailed me all the forms also. Super quick response time on his part!

I&#39;ll be at RR... sent in my registration info today via overnight.

Christian

Hotshoe
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Charles Perry@Jan 24 2006, 05:04 PM
Evan,

Charles,

...If you are interested ( or anyone else ) I have a SM that is ready to go, I would like to rent the car for the drivers school. I will provide track support, and give you some driving help. All you will need to pay for (besides the rental fee) is the gas, and entry fee.

...If interested email me at: [email protected]

... I have been hoping to find someone to rent the car so I could help out instructing.

... Rick Thompson

tom_sprecher
01-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Rick,

At this time it is uncertain if Mr. Kramer will be my instructor, but if you end up going to help out as an instructor let me know. What better way to learn how to drive IT7 than from the master! Hell, I&#39;ll throw in one of those home cooked steak dinners for your efforts.

Hotshoe
01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by tom_sprecher@Jan 26 2006, 03:19 PM
Rick,
I&#39;ll throw in one of those home cooked steak dinners for your efforts.

Tom,

... Lets get started a little earlier this time. And hope we don&#39;t have to work on any VWs..... LOL

... You cook a mean steak.... But the potatoes were tops!

... Hope to see you there ...

... Rick

lateapex911
01-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Tom, any time you can spend with Rick is a big deal..take a tape recorder and replay at home!

tom_sprecher
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I get a lot of praise about those potatoes so they have become a staple whenever I cook at the track. And since I&#39;m driving now we will get started earlier and i will be drinking considerably less.

Hope to see you there.